Sign in to follow this  
CTMagicUK

2024 NBA Playoff Thread

11 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

Random thought somewhat related to guard free agency: if Gary Harris plays awesome defense like he did on Lillard in the Bucks game on Garland/Mitchell and shoots 40% from 3 in this series against the Cavs he's likely going to be very in demand this summer and we've been very good with him in the starting lineup. Might need to pay him to keep him. 

You just made me get a little gassy. Please please let Gary find a new team to burden. 

2 hours ago, All Eyes On Me said:

We pulling for the Sixers or the Heat? I’m pulling for the Heat even tho it feels dirty. I want Philly and Boston to beat the crap out of each other before we play them

Turn in your magic badge. Thou shall not root for the heat under any circumstances. 1st law. Lololol

38 minutes ago, TrueMagicFan07 said:

Help me out, All Eyes. There are so many "maybes" in your response to my question. Since I already prepared a game thread starter for the playoffs, do you want it to be designated as for game 1 (only) of the first round--meaning, show a date, time, and place for game 1.

Please tell me specifically what to do. I will understand if you want a dedicated game thread starter for each game separately. I can also understand if you want it to be left open for everyone who wants to do one.

I will be out of town for the entire month of may and I won't be able to do anymore after the opening thread.

Let’s do a per game game thread to start. If game 2 gets here and there’s not another specific game thread for it we can pivot and just make it the round 1 thread

11 minutes ago, fan for too long 2 said:

Turn in your magic badge. Thou shall not root for the heat under any circumstances. 1st law. Lololol

lol truth. I did enjoy watching them blow it and lose while explaining to my toddler son that we hate everything about Miami in this house.. hahaha 

58 minutes ago, All Eyes On Me said:

Let’s do a per game game thread to start. If game 2 gets here and there’s not another specific game thread for it we can pivot and just make it the round 1 thread

Okay, will do. Thanks.

so it’s Miami vs Bulls. Butler is down, but it won’t matter. The coaching in Miami is far superior. The Heat team is scrappy and will advance

3 hours ago, zollman said:

This is something I'm thankful for - we're at full strength going into the playoffs. I hear Mitchell has missed 15 of the last 21 games as well with knee ailments. I'm hopeful we can take one of the first 2 games in Cleveland. We're very good at home this season. 

On 4/17/2024 at 5:13 PM, All Eyes On Me said:

I think GH’s injury history concerns me. If he balls out like you’re suggesting in the playoffs , I’d keep him in mind as a backup plan if going hunting for a bigger fish fails, but I wouldn’t pay him a lot long term. The off-season is going to be interesting. There’s a few obvious guys with guaranteed spots, but I’d say at least half the roster is available via trade if an opportunity presents itself.

The Magic are 35-19 with Gary and 12-16 without him. Now, much like last season and Markelle with point guard play I think there's an element of "is it really Gary or is it just having a 2 way guard who can space the floor?" To be considered but nevertheless that's a compelling stat when we're talking about bringing Gary back.

5 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

The Magic are 35-19 with Gary and 12-16 without him. Now, much like last season and Markelle with point guard play I think there's an element of "is it really Gary or is it just having a 2 way guard who can space the floor?" To be considered but nevertheless that's a compelling stat when we're talking about bringing Gary back.

Harris is not making anything exceptional, but it's solid and in our situation, is a good fit for what we have. There could also be an argument that we're not maximizing him, with our lack of ball movement and spacing. When he's hot from 3's he could make the difference, potentially an X-factor for our series.