Sign in to follow this  
CTMagicUK

2024 NBA Playoff Thread

4 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

That Klay game (0 points, 0/10 FG, 0/6 3P in an elimination game) doesn't exactly scream "yea let's give that guy a big contract in the summmer" to me. 

Meanwhile D'Angelo Russell had 21 points, 6 assists, a steal and a block on 7/14 FG, 5/11 3P. 

Both are free agents in the summer, Russell is 6 years younger... I'm not even like super high on Russell but it seems to me whatever you're thinking about offering Klay (if you are) you should stick an extra 3-5mil a season on it and offer it Russell instead. 

That’s totally fair. I’d still be happy with Klay on a couple year deal. I’d be happy with Russell, too.

1 hour ago, Soul Bro said:

That’s totally fair. I’d still be happy with Klay on a couple year deal. I’d be happy with Russell, too.

I think there's a world where Klay works out here. Joe Ingles has spoken about how moving here has reinvigorated him with the youthful energy of the team and Klay feels like he needs the change of scenery big style to carry on his career. He feels like he's burdened with being part of that "big 3" even though he's declining. 

That being said I just think Russell is a better proposition, younger, a lot more juice off the bounce, still a very good shooter, obviously has experience playing off a ball handling forward and I think he's probably a comparable (possibly just outright better) defensive player to Klay who's kind of aged out of being good on that end. 

Random thought somewhat related to guard free agency: if Gary Harris plays awesome defense like he did on Lillard in the Bucks game on Garland/Mitchell and shoots 40% from 3 in this series against the Cavs he's likely going to be very in demand this summer and we've been very good with him in the starting lineup. Might need to pay him to keep him. 

50 minutes ago, CTMagicUK said:

Random thought somewhat related to guard free agency: if Gary Harris plays awesome defense like he did on Lillard in the Bucks game on Garland/Mitchell and shoots 40% from 3 in this series against the Cavs he's likely going to be very in demand this summer and we've been very good with him in the starting lineup. Might need to pay him to keep him. 

I think GH’s injury history concerns me. If he balls out like you’re suggesting in the playoffs , I’d keep him in mind as a backup plan if going hunting for a bigger fish fails, but I wouldn’t pay him a lot long term. The off-season is going to be interesting. There’s a few obvious guys with guaranteed spots, but I’d say at least half the roster is available via trade if an opportunity presents itself.

Russel still scares me a bit.  Don’t forget he has Lebron to keep him in line.  He has been bad his last few stops before The Lakers.  I think he is a very low Basketball IQ player.  Maybe the Denver Laker Series will make me change my mind.  He got benched a lot last year in Conferense Finals.

just watched the new Reddick, Lebron episode and their talk about playoffs. Lebron talks about how detailed the work is and how he loads up so much information…

https://x.com/codytaylornba/status/1780687007389479085?s=46

and then i watch Mosley talking about not overloading players with information lol..

we‘ll see if that’s a good approach 

Hey Mods, I need for any one of the 3 to answer this question.

I mentioned that I have prepared a Game Thread Starter for the start of the Magic's playoffs series against the Cavaliers.

I thought about how many threads that have already been posted about 2024 Playoffs Discussions, including the one I posted after the Magic clinched a playoff spot  (Titled: Orlando Magic Makes The 2023-2024 Playoffs! Celebrate!)

In my opinion, both threads had the same intent (ie, to discruss the playoffs). The one I posted was not needed because most participants were posting comments in the other thread (2024 Playoffs Discussions).

My question is: Should I not post the Game Thread Starter that I prepared for the Magics' opening game for the playoffs on Saturday, April 20th? My concern is that when game 1 starts,  there will be posters who will be posting comments about the actions of the April 20th game in the 2024 Playoffs Discussions thread.  

I would like to know if the dedicated  "Official Playoffs Game Thread" is not needed.

As a matter of fact, we only need one game thread starter for the entire Series of Round 1 in the playoffs. A few hours before each game starts, All Eyes or someone else can post information for the next game--about who or what--in the Official Game Starter that I prepared.

After the Magic wins Round 1, then a new dedicated grame thread starter will be needed for Round 2 because the Magic will play against a new team.  ;)

1 hour ago, orlandoholic said:

just watched the new Reddick, Lebron episode and their talk about playoffs. Lebron talks about how detailed the work is and how he loads up so much information…

https://x.com/codytaylornba/status/1780687007389479085?s=46

and then i watch Mosley talking about not overloading players with information lol..

we‘ll see if that’s a good approach 

I think it is a natural thing that Lebron at the end of his career can probably do a lot more in terms of information load than a bunch of young guys in their first playoff experience 

2 hours ago, TrueMagicFan07 said:

Hey Mods, I need for any one of the 3 to answer this question.

I mentioned that I have prepared a Game Thread Starter for the start of the Magic's playoffs series against the Cavaliers.

I thought about how many threads that have already been posted about 2024 Playoffs Discussions, including the one I posted after the Magic clinched a playoff spot  (Titled: Orlando Magic Makes The 2023-2024 Playoffs! Celebrate!)

In my opinion, both threads had the same intent (ie, to discruss the playoffs). The one I posted was not needed because most participants were posting comments in the other thread (2024 Playoffs Discussions).

My question is: Should I not post the Game Thread Starter that I prepared for the Magics' opening game for the playoffs on Saturday, April 20th? My concern is that when game 1 starts,  there will be posters who will be posting comments about the actions of the April 20th game in the 2024 Playoffs Discussions thread.  

I would like to know if the dedicated  "Official Playoffs Game Thread" is not needed.

As a matter of fact, we only need one game thread starter for the entire Series of Round 1 in the playoffs. A few hours before each game starts, All Eyes or someone else can post information for the next game--about who or what--in the Official Game Starter that I prepared.

After the Magic wins Round 1, then a new dedicated grame thread starter will be needed for Round 2 because the Magic will play against a new team.  ;)

I think this thread should be specific for talking about the playoffs in general, not just Magic.

I don’t hate the idea of having a game thread per round for us, but I’m also more than open to a game thread per game if people are willing to put in the work to make game threads. I’ll keep an eye out and pin as needed but I don’t really have a preference in how we do things as long as it stays somewhat organized.

We pulling for the Sixers or the Heat? I’m pulling for the Heat even tho it feels dirty. I want Philly and Boston to beat the crap out of each other before we play them

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, All Eyes On Me said:

I think this thread should be specific for talking about the playoffs in general, not just Magic.

I don’t hate the idea of having a game thread per round for us, but I’m also more than open to a game thread per game if people are willing to put in the work to make game threads. I’ll keep an eye out and pin as needed but I don’t really have a preference in how we do things as long as it stays somewhat organized.

Help me out, All Eyes. There are so many "maybes" in your response to my question. Since I already prepared a game thread starter for the playoffs, do you want it to be designated as for game 1 (only) of the first round--meaning, show a date, time, and place for game 1.

Please tell me specifically what to do. I will understand if you want a dedicated game thread starter for each game separately. I can also understand if you want it to be left open for everyone who wants to do one.

I will be out of town for the entire month of may and I won't be able to do anymore after the opening thread.