Sign in to follow this  
CTMagicUK

2024 NBA Trade Deadline Thread

Just now, MagicMan1979 said:

That would be a hell of a year and thank you again for your positivity!

it's happening definitely. I feel so... i really do

12 minutes ago, Jay Magic said:

Percentage wise we have mosly all league average shooting nearly.. some above... 

This is false most of the team is below average for 3 point shooting percentage which is 36%. We only have 4 players above league average which are AB- 38%, Caleb Houston- 35.7% (both who aren’t even in the rotation) Jalen Suggs- 38% and Joe Ingles- 40%. The rest of the team is well below the league average in 3 point shooting. So only 2 players in our rotation that are shooting above league average and yet according to management and posters on here we don’t need another shooter. 

1 minute ago, MagicMan1979 said:

I agree 100% with your take. I don’t like the “they are so young we have years” way of thinking. Getting Paolo reps early would be so valuable. There are so many franchises that are more proactive. It was easier to make a trade now than in the summer. 

I think there's balance "they are so young we have years" is true. And a perfectly reasonable thing to say. It's a great argument against doing stuff like trading multiple picks for aging roleplayers or over paying free agents and putting ourselves into the tax. But the point of the years is to maximize a shot at being a sustained winning franchise and eventually a championship, I personally think having a better team now and getting Paolo/Franz/Suggs accustomed to winning and possibly winning a playoff series could be more beneficial than the vibes Chuma Okeke and Gary Harris bring to the group or the cash we get for a bunch of 2nds we don't use to select players.

Making a trade right now that improves us short term and doesn't impact us greatly long term isn't antithetical to a patient approach. It's only antithetical to this weird Jeff Weltman experiment where he refuses to give up on anybody. 

1 minute ago, Jay Magic said:

it's happening definitely. I feel so... i really do

Maybe we have a crazy good end of the year like in 2018-2019.  I sure hope so!

Just now, OnlyFranz said:

This is false most of the team is below average for 3 point shooting percentage which is 36%. We only have 4 players above league average which are AB- 38%, Caleb Houston- 35.7% (both who aren’t even in the rotation) Jalen Suggs- 38% and Joe Ingles- 40%. The rest of the team is well below the league average in 3 point shooting. So only 2 players in our rotation that are shooting above league average and yet according to management and posters on here we don’t need another shooter. 

My bad... 

Look at our roster..

Gary...Ingles...Franz...and others can shoot better or league average what they need to do is start doing it 

Just now, MagicMan1979 said:

Maybe we have a crazy good end of the year like in 2018-2019.  I sure hope so!

doesnt crazy really win 18 outta 31 games.. definitely doable 

Just popped on here to read the reaction. Ha! Very busy at work. Here's my hope. If these six can stay healthy, Fultz, Suggs, Franz, Paulo, Isaac and WCJ, we can make some noise. If not, it'll be trouble. Oh and Cole needs to be benched. Cheering the team on. Go Magic!

5 minutes ago, Soul Bro said:

Just popped on here to read the reaction. Ha! Very busy at work. Here's my hope. If these six can stay healthy, Fultz, Suggs, Franz, Paulo, Isaac and WCJ, we can make some noise. If not, it'll be trouble. Oh and Cole needs to be benched. Cheering the team on. Go Magic!

This is a valid point, now that trades haven’t forced Mose’s hand in the rotation, I’ve got him under a microscope for making necessary changes based on how games are going. Cole can’t make a shot and can’t dribble without falling over? Play AB! We can’t get a rebound to save our lives? Play Goga! There’s only like 4 guys on this team that have earned an every game spot without a leash in our current rotation 

• Like 1

It’s not about just being upset like crybabies.. 

I’m just frustrated because we are so passive. Always.. 

It takes us too long to evaluate!!

It is really clear at this point that certain players have their limitations, our roster has its limitations especially with the lack of shooting. Ingles is a huge help right now, but he’s going to be unplayable in a playoff environment. He’s such a defense liability, especially next to M. Wagner. We can only pray for a healthy Isaac. Otherwise we won’t even win a single playoff game

it was pretty clear before the season that our coaching staff needed an OC. And then Tibbetts left and we left Mosley out there on an island? Our offensive game plan is so terrible. As a Euro guy who loves and kinda thrive on X and Os, it makes me wanna scratch out my eyes. 

Then Fultz dealing with shoulder issues, Franchise going silent on it and not providing help in case Fultz goes down again. Fultz cannot be trusted as a starter anymore. I’m sorry. I’m his biggest fan on the internet. I swear, been defending him from the getgo for since his Philly days on was stoked we traded for him. Even though that pick turned out to be .. Maxey

Well my 3 favorites weren’t traded. So i don’t know why, if we didn’t make an offer. 

It seemed like Murray and Tyus were the most realistic trade options. I wouldn’t have gave up a 1st round pick for Tyus, that’s apparently the asking price. So i’m not mad. 

Murray i really don’t know. That’s a guy that would have been a nice fit, would have made Fultz the leader of the second unit and created a more balanced roster. Especially after our rivals really addressed their weaknesses. 

Last take. This year, the east seems like there is room for teams to make a run in the playoffs. A lot of teams saw that and improved their roster. The contenders made moves to help them, The teams that are on a hot run like Pacers, Knicks all made their moves. 
And we did nothing 

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Soul Bro said:

Fultz, Isaac, WCJ are injury prone. Wreckless bball style of Suggs puts him at high risk of injuries.