Sign in to follow this  
CTMagicUK

2024 NBA Trade Deadline Thread

The Monte Morris trade is interesting because the Wolves were a potential suitor in a lot of backup PG type deals and now they've got one so possibly helps us.

our main targets are still available.. 

It will be seen if we are serious about making this team better fairly aggressively, now that we’ve seen what this team can do and what the limitations are.. 

If the FO stay true to their words of the off season, they needto upgrade.

Simons

Murray

T. Jones

in that order for different reasons!

4 hours ago, orlandoholic said:

our main targets are still available.. 

It will be seen if we are serious about making this team better fairly aggressively, now that we’ve seen what this team can do and what the limitations are.. 

If the FO stay true to their words of the off season, they needto upgrade.

Simons

Murray

T. Jones

in that order for different reasons!

I don't understand people wanting Simons. Yes he's a great shooter, but he is horrible on defense. How does that fit what we are doing? Give me Murray or Jones please.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, A Better DJ & Photographer said:

I don't understand people wanting Simons. Yes he's a great shooter, but he is horrible on defense. How does that fit what we are doing? Give me Murray or Jones please.

because Defense is something that can be teached if you are bought in.

because he is the best scorer/ shooter out there and isn’t getting max money..

at times where we don’t know what we are doing on offense (quite often) it’s better to have a guy who knows how to get buckets

Apparently Dennis Schroder only has 2nd round pick value. Id do that. Think he'd be a solid hold over option while we wait for either AB or for an all star to become available. Would be a 13m expiring next season.

Not a great shooter but good enough to make defenses pay, can run an offense, not been awful defensively in his career. Already has a relationship with Franz and Mo.

This team deserves a chance to grow together and to show how hard they can compete down the stretch and in the playoffs this season. We are so young, but we have something special building here for the first time in a long time. I’m willing to be patient and to let this thing grow organically. I don’t believe there is a team in the NBA that has the chemistry from GM to 15th man that we do. We created that. It’s ours, and it means everything for a team that is so young to be growing their confidence and ability to compete together. And it’s working. Our confidence is building and our ability to compete with any team out there has been on display all season. Bucks, Celtics, Wolves, Lakers, Pacers, Nuggets, Cavs, Knicks, Suns. We have wins over some of the best teams in the league. We are young, we struggle from 3 some nights, markelle’s shoulder, Wendell’s size disadvantage, Cole’s slump…we have issues, but those players in that locker room support each other 100%. They are together and they are here right now this season ready to compete with confidence against anybody. That means something to me. I hope we give this team the chance to show who we are and who we aim to become by giving them a chance to finish this season as is. 

Dejounte Murray is a hell no for me, and I hope Jeff feels the same. At this point in our growth, chemistry is our biggest strength, and that guy in particular has enough red flags to at least be potentially detrimental to that strength in the short and long term. Not worth it. I mean, of all players, we’re going to bring in the one guy who has had beef with our 21 year old all-star? To play point guard and compete with him for touches? When hes shown to be a whiner when things don’t go his way? Hell no! Not with where we’re coming from and what we’ve shown in terms of growth and ability to compete. I’d be okay with a small move for another bench piece, but I think changing our point guard at this point in the season is potentially disastrous, short and long term, especially if it’s a guy who needs the ball to be effective. These guys know how to play together, even with markelle’s flaws. The off season is the time for a big change like that for a young team in the thick of competing for playoff position and then hopefully playoff wins for the FIRST time. Let these kids show what they got Jeff! We can beat anybody! 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

Under 7 hours until the deadline shuts. I imagine we'll start to hear trade news in the next couple of hours as execs who have been sleeping on possible deals wake up, get to the office and make decisions. 

6 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

Apparently Dennis Schroder only has 2nd round pick value. Id do that. Think he'd be a solid hold over option while we wait for either AB or for an all star to become available. Would be a 13m expiring next season.

Not a great shooter but good enough to make defenses pay, can run an offense, not been awful defensively in his career. Already has a relationship with Franz and Mo.

I don't see Cole and Dennis existing together. I'd be down if we can could ship Cole somewhere.

5 minutes ago, Soul Bro said:

I don't see Cole and Dennis existing together. I'd be down if we can could ship Cole somewhere.

They don't really have to be on the court at the same time at all, Cole is only playing 10-15 mins a night at the moment, he's closer to being out of the rotation to being in a spot where we worry about if guys can play with him. 

Dinwiddie has drawn interest from the Hawks and Lakers, though Russell’s recent play likely cooled that. He’s been linked to the Magic and Raptors by The Athletic, and NetsDaily reported if Dinwiddie isn’t moved he could be bought out.

https://nypost.com/2024/02/07/sports/nets-may-bring-in-cheap-help-deal-vets-as-nba-trade-deadline-nears/?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=nypost_sitebuttons