Sign in to follow this  
Mauro Pedrosa

MAGIC @ Lakers 10.30 EST - Official Game Thread

Tough loss. Just couldn’t score down the stretch. We’ve currently got a ton of above average role players, but either Franz or Paolo need to step up in games like these if they’re gonna be the cornerstones we all expect them to be. On to the next one tomorrow night. This is the earliest west coast trip I can remember in a season. Freakin brutal 

This game and also the podcast from Fultz really make me criticize the coach. 

Fuktz said in a podcast with the Magic Squad that Mosley really wants the players to make plays. 
It showed in this game. 

But i’m a euro guy. I believe in tactics used in basketball. Good X and Os and players that buy in and execute can win and will win you games.

Our team had no clue down the line. The coach couldn’t/didn‘t draw anything up and so we had multiple Iso ball plays down the stretch. 

Im not going to blame Suggs here. He saw a lane and attacked it. If anything it should have been Paolo or Markelle handling the ball and breaking down the defense. And either Cole or Harris needed to be in there as spot up shooters. 

On the last play im not sure why you’d play WCJ and Paolo, when you are forced to take a 3. They should have used M. Wagner and maybe Ingles and i would have played Cole, who can always get his own shot up. 

I don’t think a ISO play with Franz on Lebron was a good idea

I just don’t see WCJ as part of our core? Does not protect the rim or space the floor. We need to package him up for a better center. He’s too similar toPaolo 

Only reading the comments and saw the box score, but we were basically one possession away from beating the Lakers who went to the Western Conference finals last year. Let's not overreact here. We are one possession away from being 3-0, with Paolo playing terrible basketball to start the season.

On to the next one!

• Like 2

The thing that’s bothersome is that I think Mose actually drew that play up …right before the play was executed TV cameras showed Suggs, Banchero and Fultz discussing something …for me with our 3 big guns why in the heck was the ball in Suggs hands ? I mean, if you’re playing the percentages that was when we needed offense and our best shooters out there yet Cole and Harris both on the bench …crap Markelle was breaking the defense down all night .

I love Suggs hustle …hustles his ass off …but I think Harris fits better in the backcourt with Fultz for obvious reasons .

We have 2 wins against 2 bottom feeders …will be interesting to see how the lineups and personnel usage evolves .

The Magic should not loose too many games if they continue to play the tough defense they are playing and pushing the ball offensively.

Last night attempted shots:

Lakers - Limited to 79 

Magic - 95 !!!!!

THE DEFENSE WILL BE TESTED TONIGHT....CLIPPERS RANK: 1st in 3P FG%, 2nd in FG% and 5th in PS

11 hours ago, orlandoholic said:

This game and also the podcast from Fultz really make me criticize the coach. 

Fuktz said in a podcast with the Magic Squad that Mosley really wants the players to make plays. 
It showed in this game. 

But i’m a euro guy. I believe in tactics used in basketball. Good X and Os and players that buy in and execute can win and will win you games.

Our team had no clue down the line. The coach couldn’t/didn‘t draw anything up and so we had multiple Iso ball plays down the stretch. 

Im not going to blame Suggs here. He saw a lane and attacked it. If anything it should have been Paolo or Markelle handling the ball and breaking down the defense. And either Cole or Harris needed to be in there as spot up shooters. 

On the last play im not sure why you’d play WCJ and Paolo, when you are forced to take a 3. They should have used M. Wagner and maybe Ingles and i would have played Cole, who can always get his own shot up. 

I don’t think a ISO play with Franz on Lebron was a good idea

Agree. A ton of bad decisions in the clutch. We saw those last year too  Why keeping the starting five on court at the last play when all you care is for a 3? Gary was 5/5 for god's sake ! 

It's only fair to also recognize what this kind of close games mean for a young time, and the difficult to compete in the clutch against players like Lebron or AD. I'm a little concerned about the role distribution too, but it's been only 3 games.