Soul Bro

2023-2024 General Game Thread

inessential able to watch because my League Pass has been acting up all season. Paying all that money and i’m not even able to watch. I’m beyond pissed…

The injury to WCJ is concerning. Backup center will be crucial. We are going to suffer on defense with M. Wagner and Bitadze playing center

Great to see Banchero bouncing back! We need him to be great!

Paolo remembered who he was. "He's back!"

And what a game by AB, who find every way to make an impact. His game does always look pretty, but his IQ and effort is off the charts. 

6 hours ago, Jamesdin said:

i thought the 3rd quarter collapse would hunt us once again on this game.

Me to Jamesdin …Banchero played well and especially in the 4th when needed …but as I watched I was constantly saying to myself, look at him they are not even guarding him at the 3 point line and he’s not even looking to shoot one …then he finally takes one in crunch time and makes it …his game needs that to go to another level …especially with this team 

When we started collapsing the player that saved the day for me was Jonathan Issac .

We basically won this game with no PG …which makes it a great win …cause I don’t know what you call Cole except that he isn’t scared to shoot or of the moment lol …AB they weren’t even guarding him he got loose on a couple back doors and did make a nice shot late in crunch time …he could have been the goat …on that last Utah possession he was in on defense and the guys were trying to coach him what to do …his man got wide open in the lane for a runner but Utah screwed the pass up .

More minutes for Issac please …it’s time to find out if we can count on him or not …in his second half stint I was saying to myself, please don’t take him out of the game .

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, Forumreader said:

Is it just me or im a bit comfortable w m.wagner in

Not alone, we will be fine with Mo, Goga and JI......Magic are a deep team.

Wendell was out 18 games last year, Mo filled in with the following stats: Moritz Wagner averaged 13.7 points, 6.8 rebounds and 1.8 assists in 18 games as a starter in 2022-23.

This season: MIN  PTS    FG      3PT     REB AST STL BLK

Wendell:          29    9      38%     31.3%    9       2     .6    .4

Mo:                   16   9      67%     28.6%     3     .6    .4       1

Clearly, Mo has played better basketball than Wendell so far this year.

I’d be inclined to not mess with that second unit. I’d start Goga. I reckon they will start Ingles but I’d love to see them go with Jett or Caleb to start. Leave Mo and Cole to wreck havoc on the second unit