Soul Bro

2023-2024 General Game Thread

Markelle still out for tonight. 

Hornets getting Terry Rozier back.

We can't take them lightly Steve Clifford teams don't just roll over, they're getting healthy and they've won 2 in a row. 

We need to show up and take care of business. 

I think the magic are playing with a chip on their shoulders all season long. People thought they were not going to make the playoffs. I would use that as motivation every single game. 

After this win streak, which is surely a confidence booster, I don't think they take the foot off the gas very easily.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Just stay focused one quarter at a time boys. The Hornets are the kind of opponent you wind up losing a meaningless game to because you're still high after beating teams like Boston and Denver 

This upcoming game against the Hornets is a trap game for sure. They are a good team, good coached.. 

But it really bothers me that the NBA let M. Bridges play.. There is no excuse for violence, especially against women and children. 

yesterday was international day against women violence 

https://www.un.org/en/observances/ending-violence-against-women-day

TBH the NBA should recognize this day and hold their league members accountable.. 

They do so much, but this is something the NBA seems not to value

makes me sick that fans have forgotten what he did and cheer for him

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

We can't take them lightly Steve Clifford teams don't just roll over, they're getting healthy and they've won 2 in a row. 

This game will show the team’s maturity or lack of. 

3 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

We need to stay greedy as Mose said

As a reminder last season we played pretty well through January even beat Boston in a back to back situation …but I’m still scratching my head wth happened in February March when seemingly every team was lighting us up and or breaking their own team records for 3 point shooting.

It was a slump that basically took us out of the playoffs …so this group does have that history .

2 hours ago, ball junkie said:

As a reminder last season we played pretty well through January even beat Boston in a back to back situation …but I’m still scratching my head wth happened in February March when seemingly every team was lighting us up and or breaking their own team records for 3 point shooting.

It was a slump that basically took us out of the playoffs …so this group does have that history .

I think this group has a totally different mindset than last season. Almost everybody has gotten better, JI is back, our 2nd unit is fire, and everybody seems to have bought into the big picture of playing for each other. Kudos to Cole for his major improvement on D, to Mo for playing so hard off the bench every single game, to the FO for bringing in Jingles and Goga, and to the whole team for the way they fight back from runs by our opponents. 

I'm getting frustrated with the injury situation with Fultz. I'm not saying trade the guy but the Magic need all hands on deck if this is going to be the year it all turns around and if his absence starts to hurt the team you have to ask if it is worth the damage. Heal up, Markelle. We need you on the court in order to grow the team and answer questions about it

I want this team to kick the door open with the Stone Cold song playing.