Soul Bro

2023-2024 General Game Thread

11 minutes ago, Babir_9 said:

What Ingles was doing on the flour for 15 minutes? Fultz had to play more. Too many free throws missed. A bit strange rotations. I did not like how Paolo played most of the time. Win is a win but a lot of areas must be improved.

Markelle hurt his hand i think

In a game where we missed 11 FTs, every bounce seemingly going Portland's way, and all of the adrenaline the Blazers had in this game, with it being their home opener. I'd say we did pretty well.

The best teams in UGLY and we did

We should of prob obliterated them 

Ill take it... last year we would of lost 

We are gonna need J.I vs LBJ..Davis then Kawhi and PG13

Onwards and upwards 

Jalen Suggs is the best guard defender in the Association!!

I'm wondering if JI was kept out to keep his legs fresh as a precautionary measure because he'll be expected to guard LeBron / PG over Monday/Tuesday. Only thing that makes sense on these rotation moves. 

1 hour ago, TreyMachine said:

I'm wondering if JI was kept out to keep his legs fresh as a precautionary measure because he'll be expected to guard LeBron / PG over Monday/Tuesday. Only thing that makes sense on these rotation moves. 

Was thinking the same, surprised it wasn’t covered in the post game Q&A

Yeah    Was surprised no one asked about why he kept wendell and Markelle out of the closing minutes.  Weird rotation.  I dont think anyone was injured, nothing has come out if so.

Was it to save for the LA games?    Cause Portland went on a run that almost cost us the game.

19 hours ago, harryfromphilly said:

Yeah    Was surprised no one asked about why he kept wendell and Markelle out of the closing minutes.  Weird rotation.  I dont think anyone was injured, nothing has come out if so.

Was it to save for the LA games?    Cause Portland went on a run that almost cost us the game.

Wouldn’t seem to make sense to limit minutes for a game three days later.  If it were a back to back, that would be one thing.  But for a Friday game with next game the following Monday, I don’t think it’s something anyone would consider.  

46 minutes ago, JJZFL said:

Wouldn’t seem to make sense to limit minutes for a game three days later.  If it were a back to back, that would be one thing.  But for a Friday game with next game the following Monday, I don’t think it’s something anyone would consider.  

I wouldn't think so either    just confused as to the rotation why leave your floor general out of the game.    Argument can be made that mo was on fire, but still   seems odd

On 10/28/2023 at 2:24 AM, Jay Magic said:

PTS     REB       BLK        AST    +/-

WENDELL            8           9           0             1        +6

MO WAGNER      17         9            1             1        -1

TOTALS                25        18           1             2        +5

Twenty five (25) and 18 is awesome......need them assist more and Wendell to block a few times a night.  Blocks ( JI to Jalen Green) pumps teams with energy.