Soul Bro

2023-2024 General Game Thread

1 hour ago, Shine88 said:

The "yes sir" say it all. Look like Paolo was putting in work on the World Team. Ant, Paolo and Franz would form the best young big 3 since the 2010s OKC team.

Too bad it isn’t possible in any world lol. Would be fun tho

I’m not going to lie, I’m concerned that Fultz is injured again, but I haven’t heard anything about it being a long term injury. We know Wendell is going to be out for about three weeks and we know G Harris has a groin injury, so probably a couple of weeks for him. Did I miss details on Fultz’ status?

37 minutes ago, jmmagicfan said:

I’m not going to lie, I’m concerned that Fultz is injured again, but I haven’t heard anything about it being a long term injury. We know Wendell is going to be out for about three weeks and we know G Harris has a groin injury, so probably a couple of weeks for him. Did I miss details on Fultz’ status?

Concern with Fultz would be the knee is swelling from routine in game use as it doesn’t appear there was any specific injury.  That would suggest a potentially more chronic issue.  

I think we all need to chill out. We tend to overreact on this board to one or two games. AB looked GREAT, but his shot is a work in progress and he could easily go 0-10 on his next 10 3-point attempts. Just as easily, Fultz can come in and score 20 with 12 assists the game he returns and we all get excited for that. 

AB looks possibly like the future but he's played 6 games (2 with significant minutes). Fultz is still our starter when healthy as his bball IQ is still one of the best in the league. 

in the end, our hope should be both players look great and we have a tough choice to make. But let's not crown AB as our future PG after two good games...

• Upvote 2

Hi Trey    I usually agree with every thing you post

and i kind of do on this post. 1 or 2 games does not a starter make.

But i am one of those who said AB is our point guard of the future.

And i stand by that. He is our PG of the future. The question is , when does that start.?

Personally i think if he continues as he is, he begins to be part of the starting line up next year.

I love Markelle. But we drafted AB for a reason, and i think he has shown enough to justify that choice.

I asked in the summer expectations …to a man everyone said playoffs …Black shot 30 percent from 3 in college with a shorter line …70 percent from the foul line …he is also playing one of if not the hardest positions to play and learn in PG …I’ll repeat if we don’t get Fultz back or a conquerable replacement we ain’t making the playoffs .

Sorry if that’s not a popular opinion …I’ll also remind what Vecenie said in that he also worries about the shooting and making life easier for Banchero and Franz …he did not like the pick …he played well against the Lakers but 82 games is a long season .

https://www.sports-reference.com/cbb/players/anthony-black-1.html

• Upvote 1

good points about the shooting junkie

and i agree that if we dont get Fultz back quickly, we dont make the

playoffs.

I was looking to next year and beyond.  But again

good points about shooting

I agree that AB to replace Fultz full time is a reactionary take. But "Black doesn't space the floor" and "we need Fultz to make the playoffs" are funny statements to make back to back.

1 hour ago, All Eyes On Me said:

Fultz, Harris, Carter out tonight, Isaac game time decision 

Carter will be out for awhile.  Harris has been injury prone his whole career, and questions about his desire to be on the court are one of the reasons he was traded to us.  Fultz is more worrisome, if his knee is swelling after only a few games and there was no apparent injury.  

• Upvote 1