Soul Bro

2023-2024 General Game Thread

All the starters negative +/-   Frantz -27.  JI +26.  Rarely have I seen that kind of discrepancy with two players on the same team in one game.  

Why wasn't Ingles in over Cole to begin with? You just knew he was going to try to be the hero. Please upgrade the guard position this summer.

9 minutes ago, JJZFL said:

Franz shooting getting worse by the game 

He's looking more and more like a #3 rather than a #2. He forcing things too much.

5 minutes ago, Shine88 said:

Why wasn't Ingles in over Cole to begin with? You just knew he was going to try to be the hero. Please upgrade the guard position this summer.

I agree. Anyone but Cole. As you said he was going to try to be the hero. As I said in another thread, this is going to happen with Cole in the playoffs if there is a close game.

I’m sorry y’all, but the refs gifted this game to Sacramento. #74 was making horrible biased calls and non-calls all night in the Kings favor and that “foul” on Jalen that gave Fox go ahead free throws with 20 seconds left in a tight game is just inexcusable to call in that situation. JI was incredible tonight, pretty much all the starters were bad. We owe the Kings a few close ones now. And Malik Monk did a hell of a job with whatever the opposite of an audition is tonight.

Wasn’t the refs fault that we went 10-35 from three or that we shot 13-18 from the free throw line

• Like 1

it came down to shooting at the end of the day. Missed two wide open 3 point shots.…

soft call on Suggs vs Fox to put the Kings in lead. 

coach couldn’t draw anything up to end the game.

Coach also left the starting unit play for 7 minutes to start the 2nd half, letting the Kings go on a 15-2 run without a timeout. Without a substitution. At some point you need to change your rotation in game (except injuries) and react to the game. Isaac was needed earlier to stop the bleeding. 

Sabonis not getting called for a single offensive foul on his moving screens is crazy. Oh yeah, M. Wagner got called for a minor moving screen. 

Sabonis is honestly the worst All Star in basketball. Anyone can get open and get their teammates open when they can set 2 moving screens every possession without reproach.

Exhilarating game of basketball.

Thought Paolo sucked it up and our lack of any kind of set to get a decent look at the end was terrible.

We should have won that one for JI man he was awesome. 

Underrated thing about Markelle Fultz that no one really ever talks about is he's great at guarding shooters. Thought he was good on defense here. 

Pretty good Cole game. 

Wendell had a rough game. Guarding Sabonis and all that physicality is tough but the lack of offense, the missed FTs etc just not enough.

Kings made 5 more 3s, 5 more FTs and won by 2. On balance it was 2 pretty equal teams and a game decided by a coin flip. I'm not too mad, on to the next one.