Soul Bro

2023-2024 General Game Thread

JI is playing with so much more aggression and confidence since that injury scare. It seems like he’s trusting his body again for the first time in years

1 hour ago, All Eyes On Me said:

Feels like coach is the last one that hasn’t given up on Markelle yet. Hate to say it as a huge fan of his personally, but he’s done

Yeah, we pretty much need to revamp the guard position. Harris, Fultz and Cole all need to be replace this summer. We just need a lead guard and another shooter to put things in place, offensively. 

bad fckn game.. Just terrible.. 

low effort overall.. 

I agree as a big Fultz fan as well, he’s done. At least as a starter. I’d only bring him back for vet minimum at this point. He’s a great teammate, veteran guy and loves basketball. But he should seriously consider retiring. That TOS ain’t getting better obviously after the flare up and i honestly don’t want him to go through media hell, if speculation start again. 
Media will start noticing if the Magic play a playoff series. 

Yes we need a lead guard. I’m still all in on Trae if he’s available. He would have carved up the Raptors and put Wendell and others into lob positions. I also believe he has off ball upside when he plays off Paolo or Franz. 

• Downvote 1

A win is a win. Raptors fought hard and got some good shooting performances to buoy them but I never really felt like we were going to lose that game. Every time it got close one of Paolo/Franz/Jalen/WCJ made something happen and we pushed the lead back out. 

Really happy with how Wendell has been playing lately. Feel like he's rounding into being at his best after the injury disruptions to his season and when he shoots the ball this well it makes us so much harder to guard. 

JI is unbelievable and feels like he's starting to find the jumper a bit too. I hope he stays healthy.

Also Gary Trent really said to himself "these guys have 25 million in cap space in the summer, are in desperate need of shooting and I'm a free agent" going into this game. Dude was on fire. 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, CTMagicUK said:

A win is a win. Raptors fought hard and got some good shooting performances to buoy them but I never really felt like we were going to lose that game. Every time it got close one of Paolo/Franz/Jalen/WCJ made something happen and we pushed the lead back out. 

Really happy with how Wendell has been playing lately. Feel like he's rounding into being at his best after the injury disruptions to his season and when he shoots the ball this well it makes us so much harder to guard. 

JI is unbelievable and feels like he's starting to find the jumper a bit too. I hope he stays healthy.

I was actually disappointed with Wendell last night. I didn’t see too much effort and he can’t dominate against a terrible small defense. Dude played against Olynik for the most part and couldn’t dominate. 

47 minutes ago, CTMagicUK said:

Also Gary Trent really said to himself "these guys have 25 million in cap space in the summer, are in desperate need of shooting and I'm a free agent" going into this game. Dude was on fire. 

I was thinking the same thing. He looked like he was auditioning.

13 hours ago, TrueMagicFan07 said:

Why is Franz so bad at free-throw shooting? I know you are going to say it's the whole team.

He’s not he shoots 84.4% this year from the free throw line and is a career 84.8%. It’s the only area he beats Paolo. But Wagner’s three point shot has disappeared. 

3 hours ago, MagicMan1979 said:

He’s not he shoots 84.4% this year from the free throw line and is a career 84.8%. It’s the only area he beats Paolo. But Wagner’s three point shot has disappeared. 

You are referencing Franz' free throw shooting percentage for the entire season. From what I've seen, he has missed either the 1st and/or 2nd attempts for the last 10 or more games.

4 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

The only concern I see with signing a player like Gary Trent is the consistency in shooting and scoring the way he did last night.

Remember the 'human torch'? When Terrence Ross played for the Raptors, he was on fire when shooting the 3pt. shots. In the first season that he was traded to the Magic, he was that 'human torch'. but in the second season he wasn't even a 'sparkle'.