Soul Bro

2023-2024 General Game Thread

I thought it was going to be one of those games after the first half but everyone locked in defensively in the second half and we got out of there with the W. Jalen, Paolo, Franz all showed up. We're always going to have a good chance when all 3 of those guys are hitting shots. AB was good too, played good defense, confident shooting, couple of nice passes. The duo of Goga and Mo gave us enough at the 5 spot between them on defense and offense respectively. Good W. 

Cole Anthony continues to be the most frustrating player in the rotation. 12 shot attempts 0 assists. He actually made some  plays on both ends that felt big but man I'll never not groan when we enter the Cole zone (that moment where he's hit 2 shots in a row and now nobody else will get to touch the basketball for a couple possessions). 

• Upvote 1

I don't like the way we're playing with fire week after week.

But I do love the way this team believe that they can win any game at this point. It's not a given in such a young group.

Injury list already posted, i know its early and can change but ....

neither gary nor JI on it     but wendell is already listed as questionable

6 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

I thought it was going to be one of those games after the first half but everyone locked in defensively in the second half and we got out of there with the W. Jalen, Paolo, Franz all showed up. We're always going to have a good chance when all 3 of those guys are hitting shots. AB was good too, played good defense, confident shooting, couple of nice passes. The duo of Goga and Mo gave us enough at the 5 spot between them on defense and offense respectively. Good W. 

Cole Anthony continues to be the most frustrating player in the rotation. 12 shot attempts 0 assists. He actually made some  plays on both ends that felt big but man I'll never not groan when we enter the Cole zone (that moment where he's hit 2 shots in a row and now nobody else will get to touch the basketball for a couple possessions). 

Thats funny I think the same way with Cole. He hit two shots and waived Paolo off for his third (which he missed).  I knew that third **** was going up no matter what. I think MJ could be out there and Cole would tell him “I got this.”

48 minutes ago, MagicMan1979 said:

Thats funny I think the same way with Cole. He hit two shots and waived Paolo off for his third (which he missed).  I knew that third **** was going up no matter what. I think MJ could be out there and Cole would tell him “I got this.”

I admire the confidence but he needs to pull it back. To be fair to him It's probably hard to rewire your brain when you've been the best player on the floor and the lead scorer/ball handler your whole life but if he ever actually wants to be the starter on a good team he'll need to be more of an off-ball player.

He's actually pretty efficient everywhere 16 feet and in but we don't really need that as much since our two best players live in the paint anyway.

1 hour ago, MagicMan1979 said:

Yeah, I don't think he fits with this squad anymore. I think he knows it, too. Which is why he forcing things whenever he gets the ball.

They need to revamp the guard position this off-season. Suggs and Black are the only locks for next season. Malik Monk should be at the top of their list in FA. Simons, too, if he becomes available.

35 minutes ago, Shine88 said:

Yeah, I don't think he fits with this squad anymore. I think he knows it, too. Which is why he forcing things whenever he gets the ball.

They need to revamp the guard position this off-season. Suggs and Black are the only locks for next season. Malik Monk should be at the top of their list in FA. Simons, too, if he becomes available.

What about Quickley? I know he was just traded but isn't he still a free agent? I think he'd be a good fit with Suggs.

21 minutes ago, Spaceman said:

What about Quickley? I know he was just traded but isn't he still a free agent? I think he'd be a good fit with Suggs.

Yeah he’s a RFA and it would take a huge offer (like max) for Toronto not to match it.. It’s not happening although i agree he’d be a great fit to our starting unit.. Just like Maxey.