Soul Bro

2023-2024 General Game Thread

2 minutes ago, ball junkie said:

If you don’t mind me quoting you …cause I remember …you said anything over the playin game is an overachieving season …correct me if I’m wrong 

Nope, you’re right. From preseason expectations, I thought the play-in and hopefully a fight in that would be our best case. After our hot start, my opinion on that changed to we need to make the playoffs.

This team has exceeded my expectations. Not that I was or am a non-believer in any of our guys, just thought we were too young to make a run. Still skeptical about our ceiling THIS YEAR, and it’s why I wanted a deal at the deadline because with the right piece added and how the East is this season, a run to the eastern conference finals is a possibility.

1 minute ago, MAGICTIME22 said:

Magic has picked up 4 games in the standings in the last 10 games to Philly, NY, and Milwaukee.  All it takes is a hot streak and great things will happen. 

We’re 8-2 in our last 10. we’re literally in the middle of that hot streak you’re referring to. We just need to take care of business and nights like tonight are good reminders for the young fellas that you can’t assume any team is an automatic W. Tonight should help us going forward, and even better we were able to pull off the W on top of it

5 minutes ago, MAGICTIME22 said:

Now that Trae isn't playing, I wonder if JI will sit tomorrow night? 

DkQYhx.jpg              

great W! This one wasn’t easy and in the past this is a L!

This team is showing it’s resilience! Paolo had a tough game, that winner lifted the pressure. His post game was touching. A reminder that these players are humans and deal with real emotions! 

Man I hate when we play with our food against these bad teams. Felt like we had so many opportunities to just stretch that out of their reach and we kept letting them back in it. Credit to them though Cade and Duren were awesome.

Paolo wasn't good for the majority of the game and I just thought it wasn't his night after missing those 2 FTs but that play at the end was unbelievable. (He travelled though I think)

Cole was good again but he did venture into that "I'm the man everyone get me the ball" territory that I kind of hate. 

Mo Wagner was great again.

We keep winning. Hopefully we've got enough in the tank for Atlanta tonight, would really love to get a W back over them. 

• Upvote 1

Good ugly win on the road. They really let things get physical especially the way Franz was being guarded. The bench played really well Goga, Mo, Cole and JI all made contributions to the win.

One might say that the Orlando Magic’s main weakness is 3-point shooting. For the season, they rank 28th in 3-point percentage.

But that’s not been an issue over the last 10 games. In fact, during this stretch, the Magic have the league’s third-best 3-point percentage (40.7 percent). Only the Minnesota Timberwolves and Oklahoma City Thunder rank higher.

Twice during this time they’ve shot over 50 percent from downtown, including in their most recent contest against the Cleveland Cavaliers. That was something they had done only twice over their first 46 games. 

Now, it’s important to mention that Orlando continues to be very selective with the threes it takes, which is why in this same span it is averaging the second-fewest 3-point attempts (29.5). Only the Portland Trail Blazers have attempted fewer shots from long distance.

https://www.nba.com/magic/news/the-orlando-magic-have-lately-been-one-of-the-most-efficient-3-point-shooting-teams-in-the-nba-20240223

We keep being selective and shooting like this Kelle could play and be more effective if he could ever get healthy .

11 hours ago, ball junkie said:

Dude Marquel isn’t even playing …everybody wanted a move …including you …has nothing to do with him …to me anyway …why you don’t tell us all about how Banchero gives you Carmelo vibes …when I quoted you on it you started backing off like a scared rabbit 

Dude. Lol. Backing off? Lol. He does still but has improved and I did say exactly that back then. I’m not sure what you’re attempting to prove with your nonsensical points. But you do you. 

The team is getting there, but a hot streak in shooting does not convince me that we don’t need better shooting or a true point guard. And to need a last second shot to beat the worst team in the league. Is not encouraging. 

• Upvote 1

Looks like Gary Harris is the only Magic player who’s out (other than both the two way players and Jett).  That means Fultz and Banchero as well as Isaac are all in. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, fan for too long 2 said:

Dude. Lol. Backing off? Lol. He does still but has improved and I did say exactly that back then. I’m not sure what you’re attempting to prove with your nonsensical points. But you do you. 

The team is getting there, but a hot streak in shooting does not convince me that we don’t need better shooting or a true point guard. And to need a last second shot to beat the worst team in the league. Is not encouraging. 

lol you better stop before you bury yourself even more …your Carmelo reference to Paolo was the fact that Carmelo never won a championship …pretty sure that’s what you meant so I’m assuming you don’t think Paolo will ever win one .

And yeah the mob was furious that Magic management didn’t make a single move at the deadline …trading Fultz, getting a shooter …something …Magic brass wanted to let the team grow organically …the mob here cried incessantly …10 pages worth of woe is me we’ll be lucky to be a playin team now …nothing is a guarantee in the NBA but I’m liking our chances now of an overachieving season without making a single deadline move …but you do you …keep bashing management …looking forward to seeing the season result …GO MAGIC !

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1