Soul Bro

2023-2024 General Game Thread

3 hours ago, MAGICTIME22 said:

Game over. I already called the blowout loss tonight to the Knicks. Relatively easy call to make and I made it correctly. No defense. No winning. Plain and simple.

This didn’t age well, either. Love it. Oh the life of a Magic fan. Let’s go!

2 hours ago, jmmagicfan said:

When will you learn not to be so negative? I’m not saying a bad start is positive, but it’s not always the end of the world, either! I’ve seen you say this kind of thing before, only to end up eating your words by the end of the game.Try waiting and watching until at least halfway thru the third before jumping to a negative conclusion.

It’s not just you, but the mood swings on this board lately is enough to give me whiplash . I think we need some risperidone or abilify prescriptions for all the bi-polar reactions on here.

Thank you, jmmagicfan. I held back and didn't want to say it. But you said what I was thinking. Well put.

27 minutes ago, TrueMagicFan07 said:

Thank you, jmmagicfan. I held back and didn't want to say it. But you said what I was thinking. Well put.

I may have thought they were gonna lose. But I knew they were gonna win. There's a difference there folks. And to be quite honest I really didn't think about it until I thought about it. 

• Downvote 1

42 minutes ago, Soul Bro said:

This didn’t age well. Lol!

It was right on point …you didn’t understand I’m assuming you weren’t watching the game …I want him to shoot more 3’s instead of driving into the lane with his head buried and not often enough for me getting a positive result …last night in the OKC game killed us with us with the to’s …if Fultz is a non factor shooting Banchero and Franz can help the offense by taking and making more threes …Banchero was in a zone …I posted don’t hesitate bro shoot the dang ball ! …Cause after making 3 in a row was like he was still thinking about it …dude was giving him room …when you’re feeling it let it fly ! That was my point ….Franz too .

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, MAGICTIME22 said:

Game over. I already called the blowout loss tonight to the Knicks. Relatively easy call to make and I made it correctly. No defense. No winning. Plain and simple.

12 hours ago, MAGICTIME22 said:

Brunson returns and the fun is over folks. The fun is over. He will stretch the lead to 14 for the Knicks by halftime. Essentially Brunson gets what Brunson wants. Clearly, he is on a mission tonight.

11 hours ago, MAGICTIME22 said:

Harry, you have to think positive. Very important.

10 hours ago, MAGICTIME22 said:

This one was never in doubt tonight folks. Paolo was clearly on a mission and order was restored to the universe.

9 hours ago, Soul Bro said:

This didn’t age well, either. Love it. Oh the life of a Magic fan. Let’s go!

8 hours ago, MAGICTIME22 said:

I may have thought they were gonna lose. But I knew they were gonna win. There's a difference there folks. And to be quite honest I really didn't think about it until I thought about it. 

Obviously some trolling going on here.  Actually there was a poster who used to post just like this a few years ago.  I don’t recall who it was but the moderators might.  I’m certain MagicTime22 has been here before under a different name.  

Kind of entertaining if you don’t take it seriously.  

11 minutes ago, Luke_FfS said:

Good to enter the break with a convincing W against a rival!

To put things into perspective they were severely shorthanded against us last night. 4 starters missing due to injury and only 8 guys available to play, either way I’ll take the W. These are the kind of games we have to capitalize on and win if we are serious about making the playoffs. 

54 minutes ago, JJZFL said:

Obviously some trolling going on here.  Actually there was a poster who used to post just like this a few years ago.  I don’t recall who it was but the moderators might.  I’m certain MagicTime22 has been here before under a different name.  

It reminds me of how Jareth Cutestory used to post lol. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, OnlyFranz said:

This was more recent I think

3 hours ago, OnlyFranz said:

The forum is great for anonymity, but I'm also sad to see people like Jareth or others give so much for so many years and then leave and never come back for whatever reason. It's the lifecycle of a poster I guess. Hope that all those whom gave so much in those years have remained in good health and are happy. 

9 minutes ago, TreyMachine said:

The forum is great for anonymity, but I'm also sad to see people like Jareth or others give so much for so many years and then leave and never come back for whatever reason. It's the lifecycle of a poster I guess. Hope that all those whom gave so much in those years have remained in good health and are happy. 

Yeah, Jareth and 4thewin come to mind. Marc Acres too. 

And side comment, bipolar team creates bipolar fanbase lol. We’re right at that annoying middle level where we look good against teams that are on our level or lower and are obviously overmatched by teams out of our league.

15 hours ago, JJZFL said:

Hey JJZFL. For a long time, I've felt that MagicTime22 was the former poster whose username was MagicOne. He made similar off-the-wall comments like MagicTime22. MagicOne was funny too. I remember him using the phrase "an old rusty beach chair" in referring to how bad the Magic were playing. . . hahaha!

• Upvote 1