Soul Bro

2023-2024 General Game Thread

21 minutes ago, All Eyes On Me said:

The Warriors already did the death lineup. We need to come up with a name for ours. Feel like we need to come up with a few and put it up to a vote!

Jalen's defense reminds me of a Pitbull attack. When we close out games with that squad it's like all the guys suddenly play almost at his level of D. They are like a pack of wild dogs!

8 minutes ago, A Better DJ & Photographer said:

Jalen's defense reminds me of a Pitbull attack. When we close out games with that squad it's like all the guys suddenly play almost at his level of D. They are like a pack of wild dogs!

How bout D-Nasty? Insane defense leading us to a dynasty 

5 hours ago, JJZFL said:

Fultz is not part of that lineup you’ve got above, and our poor starts are still worrisome.  I’d like to see a PG who can get that first unit going, and leave the above group intact to finish out games.  

It is not on Fultz. Poor start vs Pistons was because of Carter. 3 turnovers on lazy passes, 2 missed FT, bad D. Fultz is actually good involving everyone and sharing the ball. I just don’t understand what’s with his shoulder again. He is not comfortable anymore even with short jumpers. He was automatic from the mid range last year. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Babir_9 said:

It is not on Fultz. Poor start vs Pistons was because of Carter. 3 turnovers on lazy passes, 2 missed FT, bad D. Fultz is actually good involving everyone and sharing the ball. I just don’t understand what’s with his shoulder again. He is not comfortable anymore even with short jumpers. He was automatic from the mid range last year. 

it’s crazy that nobody in the media is talking about this. No Steele, no Dante, no Turner, nobody in the pressers.. 

• Downvote 1

Wow I can't believe what I read earlier about the Magic having interest in..wait for it...Chris Paul! The dude is past his prime. And on top of that the Warriors apparently want Jonathan Isaac to be part of the deal! I know that some of you here want a veteran point guard, but certainly not at the expense of arguably the best defender in the NBA? Also, Paul is out now with a broken hand. The Magic want Moses Moody to be part of any deal as well.

11 minutes ago, orlandoholic said:

it’s crazy that nobody in the media is talking about this. No Steele, no Dante, no Turner, nobody in the pressers.. 

Maybe because he may be part of an upcoming deal? Maybe they're trying to keep things quiet while still putting him out there to be showcased? Just a thought.

11 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

I'm not sure Joe will figure it out to be fair. He's a 36 year old man who not long ago had an ACL tear. He still has really nice moments but his defense is bad and for a vet he turns the ball over quite a lot.

Wouldn't mind relegating him to a deeper bench role but I think that'd require 2 moves not 1. A wing shooter to replace him and more of a natural floor general for the bench because it feels like Joe is more that than Cole (either a backup PG or a starting PG and Fultz takes over backup duties)

So maybe, given the above, I want us to try for a Tyus Jones + Corey Kispert deal if that's a possibility? 

On a separate but possibly related note I think, and it's only a think, Cole Anthony's poison pill deal could be traded because we have 6m cap space to absorb the difference between his outgoing and incoming salary. Because as I understand it his outgoing salary is like 11m to the other team so we'd have to take back a salary of 11m but send out only 5.5. But I think from the looks of it we have 6m in cap space. 

So the question now is, does Cole have enough positive value where a team might consider him an asset? I don't know but I lean towards no given this season.

7 hours ago, Babir_9 said:

You’re right, but this past game was the third or fourth in a row where we’ve gotten off to a bad start.  To me the weak link in the starting lineup is Fultz, mainly because of the second part of your post;  there is something very wrong with his jump shot mechanics, and there are no signs it’s getting any better.  As you say, although his lack of a three point shot was somewhat of a liability even last year,  he was very effective from mid range, and could even carry the load offensively at times.  That appears to be gone.  All he shoots now are layups. 

• Upvote 3

On 2/4/2024 at 11:42 PM, All Eyes On Me said:

The Warriors already did the death lineup. We need to come up with a name for ours. Feel like we need to come up with a few and put it up to a vote!

The weltman dream lineup