Soul Bro

2023-2024 General Game Thread

1 hour ago, ball junkie said:

Yeah you and I disagree on Fultz …Before the season started all the players stated their expectation is the playoffs …think management echoed that …in fact, I remember before the season started asking all you guys what were your expectations for the year and pretty much everybody said playoffs 

I believed in Fultz at the beginning of the year. But his start wasn’t good then he went on injured list again. He has come back but clearly looks even worse trying to shoot a jump shot from any range. I have given up. Your optimism is stronger than mine. 

37 minutes ago, fan for too long 2 said:

I believed in Fultz at the beginning of the year. But his start wasn’t good then he went on injured list again. He has come back but clearly looks even worse trying to shoot a jump shot from any range. I have given up. Your optimism is stronger than mine. 

I agree when he first came back …clearly was struggling …but more recently I’ve seen him hit a couple mid rangers …that’s all we need from him …having said that he’s so good off the dribble you have to account for him defensively …which Franz, Paolo and Fultz himself will tell you he makes life easier for them …He clearly is hesitant and has not even attempted a 3 since returning …that is not good …but it’s still January …I’m just not ready to give up on him yet …he absolutely has to stay healthy …and we need him and the team to give everybody a positive outlook on the team prospects moving forward and up to the trade deadline …if things look dreary at the deadline I can see management making a move  

Awful. 

Stopped watching in the third. 

No energy. No fight. No defense. Nothing. 

Wasn't going to single anyone out since we were all terrible and this isn't really fair based on this game alone since he only played 13 minutes but I'm so so sick of Cole Anthony. He only has two turnovers on this game so it doesn't look that bad on paper but his turnovers are always real back breakers. First quarter, deficit still manageable, comes straight out of a time out and turns it over. And it's every game he does something like that it feels like.

And even when he hits shots they're the dumbest god damn shots. The three he hit in this game was a semi contested one from way behind the three point line... Then he gets regular open looks and pump fakes and dribbles into a 10 foot fade away or something.

If that guy thinks he's a starter in this league and he's doing the Magic a favor by coming off the bench he's sorely mistaken. He's closer to out of the league than an established starter. 

• Upvote 1

And please Jeff Weltman, Anthony Parker, I'm begging you, make a *****ing trade. 

This roster desperately needs a shake up.

EDIT: not that I think any trade we made would have won us that game. For a defense first team to give up 72 points in a half is embarrassing.

• Upvote 3

5 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

Awful. 

Stopped watching in the third. 

No energy. No fight. No defense. Nothing…………

I feel bad for the people who don’t make loads of money but splurge once in awhile on good seats, and got that performance.  Kind of like paying a lot of money to go to a Broadway musical and having everyone sing off key or something. 

The players may be rich, but most of the fans aren’t.  

6 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

And please Jeff Weltman, Anthony Parker, I'm begging you, make a *****ing trade. 

This roster desperately needs a shake up.

About time you were going to call out FO, I needed a lot of months to convince you but finally! :P

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Luke_FfS said:

About time you were going to call out FO, I needed a lot of months to convince you but finally! :P

I'm not sure you did anything yourself to convince me.

And I've been pro trade for weeks if not months. 

Team needs a PG desperately and I don’t mean stop gaps.

It’s been this way for years and it continues to be the elephant in the room.

Fultz doesn’t fit nor is he dependable.

Suggs is not a PG.

Black is not a PG.

Cole is not a PG.

Get a good PG who can shoot, handle the ball, make plays and it all will fall into place.

6 minutes ago, Jon said:

Team needs a PG desperately and I don’t mean stop gaps.

It’s been this way for years and it continues to be the elephant in the room.

Fultz doesn’t fit nor is he dependable.

Suggs is not a PG.

Black is not a PG.

Cole is not a PG.

Get a good PG who can shoot, handle the ball, make plays and it all will fall into place.

I agree with all of the above. I think Fultz is a good team guy. If he would be happy coming off the bench I say keep him and get a new starting PG.

You said yourself that we have no back up. Make Fultz the back up.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, harryfromphilly said:

I agree with all of the above. I think Fultz is a good team guy. If he would be happy coming off the bench I say keep him and get a new starting PG.

You said yourself that we have no back up. Make Fultz the back up.

If I’m the Magic I’m going hard at Murray. Or even Trae. I know he’s probably untouchable but you got to go get it if you want it.