Soul Bro

2023-2024 General Game Thread

5 hours ago, orlandoholic said:

Again frustrating game for so many reasons. We still starting 3 third stringers, despite being mostly  healthy again. I don’t care if they have a minute restriction.

WCJ can play those 26 minutes with the starters too! It’s a weird coaching decision . What did it do? 
It made Embiid feel really comfortable as he was owning Bitadze without resistance and also could rest on defense, because Bitadze ain’t doing jack s..t on offense. 

Starting the 3 stringers also have done this the past games. We always have to play catch up from the getgo. It’s just an insane decision by Mosley. 

Hes destroying two really good things that have been working for us. The Suggs and AB backcourt was really nice, especially defensively. Sometimes even special. 

Also somehow he went on to bury M.Wagner, despite Ingles, Isaac and M. Wagner dominating opponent benches. 

And if the reason is to showcase Houstan and Okeke, i ask you this. We loosing 3-4 games more to get what? A second round pick for those players? GMs are stupido around the league. 

Well and in this game, WWE refs were at it again. It’s f…. hilarious when you see a 300 pound flopster get these touch fouls. 
It’s even more worse when you decide not to challenge one of these calls, just to show those refs on tape how ridiculous they are being. 
I have a feeling the coach has the strategy to always have these coaches challenge’s available towards the end of the game. 
Well but sometimes the game goes away and then you don’t need it anymore. And sometimes it’s better to show refs early what is going on.

The staff has little feel for momentum in the game imo, slow reactions to what is happening in both rotations and also challenges …

Having said all this. We need a f… big time trade to help us, we are on track to miss the playoffs. 
This will be the fault of whole organization for being lethargic. Coaches and front office 

Yeah I don’t understand it either. Maybe he’s trying to add “shooters” in there to spread things out for Paolo but having shooters who aren’t nba players hurts you just as much as having non shooters who can at least play.

Agree we need to make a trade. Coming in I said we have a massive imbalance in our roster. We need to iron this crap out.

Until then I’m inserting Black back in as our PG.

Jett has that 2 dribble pull up you speak of CT. He also can put the ball on the floor and get to the rim. Caleb is useless on the offense and even worse is Chuma. These guys should be ejected to the moon. I never want to see them again in a Magic uniform!!!!

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, fan for too long 2 said:

Jett has that 2 dribble pull up you speak of CT. He also can put the ball on the floor and get to the rim. Caleb is useless on the offense and even worse is Chuma. These guys should be ejected to the moon. I never want to see them again in a Magic uniform!!!!

I am 100% with you on this fan. They shouldn’t be in the rotation unless there are major injuries. 

10 hours ago, MagicMan1979 said:

I am 100% with you on this fan. They shouldn’t be in the rotation unless there are major injuries. 

I would seriously pull Cole from the rotation as well once we’re healthy. He’s been awful all bar first 10ish games of year. I’m ready for him to be traded. Year 4 and he is still a black hole on offense and a turnover merchant. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, All Eyes On Me said:

Big game tonight. We lose again we’re 0-3 against the Heat and they have the tiebreaker locked up. Franz questionable, Harris still out

God I hope Franz plays. 

16 minutes ago, All Eyes On Me said:

Franz is back!! And we’re back to the opening night starting 5! Fultz/Suggs/Franz/Paolo/WCJ. Let’s go!

Just shows how weird Mosley is with the rotations.. So two days ago WCJ needed to come off the bench because of restrictions and now he can go with the starters? 

Same for Fultz? 

I can already imagine that Okeke and Houstan will be back to third stringers as well today, which is absolutely ridiculous that they started in the first place..

19 minutes ago, All Eyes On Me said:

Franz is back!! And we’re back to the opening night starting 5! Fultz/Suggs/Franz/Paolo/WCJ. Let’s go!

Yes ! …these were our starters last year also …I know Fultz won’t shoot the 3 …but he can kill you off the dribble so he has to be guarded …give this group a chance to sink or swim till the deadline and let’s see what gives …more sample size to see if we need to make a deadline deal or not 

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, ball junkie said:

Yes ! …these were our starters last year also …I know Fultz won’t shoot the 3 …but he can kill you off the dribble so he has to be guarded …give this group a chance to sink or swim till the deadline and let’s see what gives …more sample size to see if we need to make a deadline deal or not 

I agree.  Most trades don’t happen until the last day of the deadline. Lets give them a few games.