Soul Bro

2023-2024 General Game Thread

2 hours ago, Luke_FfS said:

Considering our situtation and opponent, a game like that was kind of due. I was actually surprised by the resistence we showed in the last few games with the rotation we have. Recovering some rotation guys is urgently needed, plus Fultz being back to his recent self, and not the one that...

Btw, what was Ingles injury? I don't remember any report about it.

he sprained his ankle in a hustle play. Don’t remember the game though

32 minutes ago, All Eyes On Me said:

We get the Heat without Herro, Lowry and Butler tonight. 

Honestly, this doesn't even fill me with much confidence. Spo can seemingly get any old random bunch of guys to be a difficult to beat team. 

I hope this team works on their free throw shooting the whole offseason. It’s ridiculous how many points we leave at the line every single game. 

16 minutes ago, ball junkie said:

Did Banchero block his own shot ? Have rewatched this multiple times and I’m still not clear on what happened on the second attempt 

Ball slipped out of his hands. 

Ugh I hate Miami 

Im super mad. We had to win this game and we could have. 
Our rotations are straight up garbage. Mosley loves to ride the „hot“ hand too long and can’t balance out anything. 

That starting lineup had one good game against the Kings and now he’s keeping it for several games. It has been bad. AB was a nice defensive part of the team and it was a nice fit alongside Suggs. Now we playing Okeke, Houstan (our third stringers) with the starters now. On top of that, Wagner needs a defensive unit to protect him. He’s terrible on defense. 

Rotation should be 

PG: AB, Fultz, Queen

SG: Suggs, Anthony,

SF: Houstan, Okeke

PF: Banchero, Ingles

C: Bitadze, Wagner

that would kind of balance out our squad. 

Than Suggs sat out way too long. Again, Mosley screwing up on the rotations. 

Then in the last possession from Miami you go a defensive lineup but you put your worst defender on Bam? He went up for a wide open jumper and i called it. Should have brought back Bitadze. 

In general, we lost our strengths. During our winning streak we imposed our will and we scored our buckets in the paint. 

We have too many players settling for 3s right now. Banchero, Suggs settling for the most part. Houstan, Okeke basically camp out on the 3 point line. 

We are not cutting, we are not assisting, we are not moving.. 

Oh and btw. Fultz wearing kinesiology tape on his TOS affected shoulder. He’s avoiding shots. I’m not dumb and so are many other Magic fans not stupid. Fultz is most definitely dealing with TOS again. I hate that we are being lied too. Terrible way to treat your fans

I think that Heat would beat us even with the GLeague team and their coaches playing…

• Downvote 1

I'm ready to see some changes to this team. 

The Heat are always a tough game, they always play defense and play hard and they have the best coach in basketball. But they beat us tonight without any *****ing ball handling guards at all. That's depressing. 

Our PG position is a mystery to me. 

Suggs starts there even though he's not really a PG, picks up 3 fouls and ends up playing less than 15 minutes. (I actually think when Franz gets back we should continue to look at Suggs at PG with maybe Caleb at SG, the added ball handling of Franz might help).

Markelle Fultz, if the game was played in transition he'd be one of the best in the world but as soon as you get into a half court he's basically worthless, brought some good defensive playmaking though. 

Cole Anthony doesn't actually do anything useful above average. Defense? He tries and he's a great rebounder but to be kind id say he's below average. Passing? No. Shooting? 34% from 3. And then he just has possessions where he thinks "I'm him" and does a ludicrous amount of dribbling to get into a contested 8 foot shot that makes me want to pull my hair out. 

This team had it's longest win streak with Anthony Black starting at PG and now he's the 4th choice. And I get it, he needs to be better to be a starter long term, needs to be much more aggressive and confident on offense but he's awesome defensively for the most part and he's smart and he plays hard and if we're going to lose anyway I'd rather see him play than Cole or Trevelin Queen (who I do like as an end of bench guy). 

The C position is almost as big a mystery. 

Will WCJ ever have a healthy season? 

Is Goga mobile enough on defense to be a playoff starter? Does he offer enough on offense? 

And conversely is Mo Wagner strong enough on defense to start? (Answer: no.) 

It's actually troubling how important Joe Ingles feels because he returned and was immediately the best perimeter player off of the bench. But he's got like 1 year of NBA basketball left in him and realistically he's already borderline unplayable in a playoff series because of his lack of defense.