Soul Bro

2023-2024 General Game Thread

Anthony Black has a quiet game and we get several posts about it. Anthony Black has a great game and it's crickets from those same people. It's almost like they've got an agenda and aren't posting in good faith. 

Anyway I didn't think the shooting was actually that bad this game just dumb shot selection and dumb turnovers. So many dumb turnovers. 

If I were the coaches I would literally ban Paolo from shooting a pull up 3 on a possession where nobody else touches the ball. Young man you are 6'10, 260 and the pull up 3 is not your game. Either get going down hill or get us into our offense. 

Starting to lose my patience with Cole honestly, he's doing more harm than good and has been for a while. If he's not giving you efficient buckets he's just the most replacement level player. He's at best average on defense, any of his good playmaking is usually negated by at least 2 dumb turnovers a game and he's not as good a 3 point shooter as we need him to be. 

Jalen Suggs has to be better if he's actually the third guy on this team. At the minute it feels like for him to start on a great team he'd need to be closer to the 5th guy than the 3rd guy. Steph is obviously a tiring and ludicrously tough matchup defensively but he didnt exactly lock Steph down and then was generally pretty bad on offense. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

https://orlandomagicdaily.com/posts/orlando-magic-need-find-their-poise-find-point-guard

Like I’m the only one talking about needing a PG …and it was just a part of my post …I actually alluded to having all the injuries as key in our recent slide …also in regards to AB being injured I saw him in some videos walking around the court after the game fully in uniform and hamming it up with  some GS players no limp, nothing …guess we’ll see if he dresses tonight but if he does we will know that Mohsley playing him 13 minutes was a coaching decision .

I also have no patience left for Fultz …he doesn’t help us in street clothes …the article also alludes to the looming trade deadline and that if things don’t change soon something needs to be done.

Only watched first half due to lateness of the game.  When I looked at the box score this morning, I noticed we out rebounded GS and we actually shot one more three than they did.  Baskets made were almost even.  So I’m asking myself, why did we lose?   

Two things stood out.  One, they had 14 more free throws than we did.  They shot free throws very badly last night, but still got five more points than we did from free throws.  Secondly, 17 turnovers by us, 12 for them.  I saw some of those turnovers in the first half and continue to be baffled.  So many of them are unforced;  ridiculous passes that have no chance at all.  How about that pass last night that was thrown about 15 feet over the supposed targets head?  This has started to be a problem these past few games and I don’t understand it.   

1 hour ago, JJZFL said:

Only watched first half due to lateness of the game.  When I looked at the box score this morning, I noticed we out rebounded GS and we actually shot one more three than they did.  Baskets made were almost even.  So I’m asking myself, why did we lose?   

Two things stood out.  One, they had 14 more free throws than we did.  They shot free throws very badly last night, but still got five more points than we did from free throws.  Secondly, 17 turnovers by us, 12 for them.  I saw some of those turnovers in the first half and continue to be baffled.  So many of them are unforced;  ridiculous passes that have no chance at all.  How about that pass last night that was thrown about 15 feet over the supposed targets head?  This has started to be a problem these past few games and I don’t understand it.   

we should send cole to spurs. wembanyama might have a slim chance of catching that pass. lol

2 hours ago, JJZFL said:

How about that pass last night that was thrown about 15 feet over the supposed targets head?  This has started to be a problem these past few games and I don’t understand it.   

That was Cole. 

Paolo had some dumb ones trying to throw touch down passes that weren't open too. Wouldn't surprise me if it was something brought up in practice like "hey you're 6'10 and can pass, if you grab a rebound get your head up and see if there's guys open" except Paolo was just throwing it out of bounds or to the other team lol. 

2 hours ago, ball junkie said:

https://orlandomagicdaily.com/posts/orlando-magic-need-find-their-poise-find-point-guard

Like I’m the only one talking about needing a PG …and it was just a part of my post …I actually alluded to having all the injuries as key in our recent slide …also in regards to AB being injured I saw him in some videos walking around the court after the game fully in uniform and hamming it up with  some GS players no limp, nothing …guess we’ll see if he dresses tonight but if he does we will know that Mohsley playing him 13 minutes was a coaching decision .

I also have no patience left for Fultz …he doesn’t help us in street clothes …the article also alludes to the looming trade deadline and that if things don’t change soon something needs to be done.

Not just that. Your pg should also be able to hit a timely 3 or run a pick and roll. That’s a part of the “poise”. Fultz can do some things but his limitations hurt the team just as much as his abilities help.

You know I just worked out the average age of the available, non 2 way, players (so excluding Isaac, Ingles and Markelle and also excluding Schofield and Queen) and it's 23. It's easy to forget how young this team is but we're essentially playing without most of our veteran leadership at the moment. 

Chuma Okeke is actually bringing the average age of this roster up at the age of 25. (Which is to say even our older players aren't exactly veterans).

53 minutes ago, CTMagicUK said:

You know I just worked out the average age of the available, non 2 way, players (so excluding Isaac, Ingles and Markelle and also excluding Schofield and Queen) and it's 23. It's easy to forget how young this team is but we're essentially playing without most of our veteran leadership at the moment. 

Chuma Okeke is actually bringing the average age of this roster up at the age of 25. (Which is to say even our older players aren't exactly veterans).

Yeah, the future is insanely bright. We need to make some moves to get more complimentary pieces to Franz and Paolo. Question is, is that at the deadline this year or do we keep staying patient? I believe we have the most projected cap space in the league this off-season if we don’t make any moves.

questionable game.. We had the physical tools to dominate them and we settled for 3s.. 

This team needs to learn how to impose its will. WCJ didn’t look to dominate the paint and M. Wagner was the only player that decided to eat BBQ chicken.. 

Most of the game we had small dudes guarding our huge lineups. 

Oh and btw, that no call on the hack a Banchero was one of the worst no calls of the season. 

Ref right there watching it too.. Also crazy that our staff opted not to use the Coaches challenge in the last two games, despite some very bad calls. 

I am starting to feel like there is something else going on with Markelle other than knee tendonitis   

No updates, and twice now he was listed as questionable for a game, did not play, and dropped back to "out"

for the next game.  Like tonight.  I have been a huge Fultz fan, but without any communication or explanation,

its time to move on.