Soul Bro

2023-2024 General Game Thread

Whenever we play a good physical defensive team we just fold with dumb turnovers and bad shot selection.

That Paolo yell every time he thinks he got fouled really *****s me off because you can guarantee it'll be followed by not giving any effort on defense, or even getting back on defense. One of the coaches really needs to get on him about that. Paolo's defense in general is kind of just passable at the best of times so when the effort drops it really hurts.

The Franz regression from 3 continues to be worrying. 

None of the 3 bigs covered themselves in glory this game against a C rotation of Paul Reed and Mo Bamba. Really disappointing. 

What is the actual point of Cole Anthony if he's not giving you offense in a game like this? That's what we need him for. He's not giving you positive defense and he's not really a great floor spacer either. We pay him to get buckets and when he doesn't do that he's just nothing. 

I enjoyed Caleb Houstan. Maybe he's not a fake shooter.

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, CTMagicUK said:

Whenever we play a good physical defensive team we just fold with dumb turnovers and bad shot selection.

That Paolo yell every time he thinks he got fouled really *****s me off because you can guarantee it'll be followed by not giving any effort on defense, or even getting back on defense. One of the coaches really needs to get on him about that. Paolo's defense in general is kind of just passable at the best of times so when the effort drops it really hurts.

The Franz regression from 3 continues to be worrying. 

None of the 3 bigs covered themselves in glory this game against a C rotation of Paul Reed and Mo Bamba. Really disappointing. 

What is the actual point of Cole Anthony if he's not giving you offense in a game like this? That's what we need him for. He's not giving you positive defense and he's not really a great floor spacer either. We pay him to get buckets and when he doesn't do that he's just nothing. 

I enjoyed Caleb Houstan. Maybe he's not a fake shooter.

This was kinda a trap game i felt. Embiid out and playing back to back. 

But still. Embiid is out, we needed a different approach to the game and be dominant in the paint. We didn’t even design this - this is on coaching staff imo

I agree with your observation about Paolo and also that we struggle with the physical teams. I think one aspect is that the ball handling of our young fellas is shaky. AB, Jalen, Franz, Paolo, WCJ all struggle when pressured a lot. Fultz would have been great for this game. Also for finding Paolo and WCJ in the paint. 

Caleb is not a fake shooter. He’s just not a great movement shooter and the other night he failed to make his open shots. 

What i’ve been saying is that we desperately need this movement shooter a la Huerter, Kispert, McDourmet that can make a difficult shot of a movement, off a screen set or anything else. That would make a huge difference. 

I’d actually go out and offer a nice deal for Kispert. He ain’t working for the Wizards, but he’d be a great fit for us. He fits right in the locker room too. 

Obviously Simons would be that star level movement shooter who’d make us significantly better, but i doubt we can make any offer. Same goes for Herro. 

This is the guy we need to pair with Paolo when he become available. He has Orlando ties, loves Paolo and has a relationship with Mose from their time with the Select team.

2 hours ago, Shine88 said:

This is the guy we need to pair with Paolo when he become available. He has Orlando ties, loves Paolo and has a relationship with Mose from their time with the Select team.

No chance we get him.. Hell will freeze before we have a chance at Cade

There were a lot of very casual passes leading to turnovers last night.  Not sure if it was fatigue or what.  Cole himself had 4 turnovers to 1 assist.  I didn't feel like it was great defense that forced most of the turnovers; rather just careless passes or constant 1 v 3 dribbling into traffic.

1 hour ago, Soul Bro said:

We miss Ingles

His maturity on the court were surely missed. The team keep jacking up shot when the other team hit theirs praying it would fall. 

1 hour ago, Soul Bro said:

We miss Ingles

His maturity on the court were surely missed. The team keep jacking up shot when the other team hit theirs praying it would fall. 

58 minutes ago, Soul Bro said:

We miss Ingles

I agree. Remember how some people, including one of his teammates poked fun of Ingles' age?

Well check this out. . . LeBron James will turn 39 Saturday, December 30, 2023, he is still going strong.

BmJjfh.png

I would love and eventually there may b a shot to get doncic as he will ask out but Donavan Mitchell is someone they keep taking about moving. We need to look at getting a star. I’m not sold on pb and Wagner playing together. It’s all solo ball. They just iso and drive with tough shots. We need creators. Would u trade one plus stuff for a pg like these? And which one r u willing to use for a star?

Just now watched last nights game …random observations:

1) Magic have a losing record against teams above .500

2) In our 9 game winning streak only 2 wins were against teams with winning records .

3) Tyrese Maxey was drafted 21 in the 2020 draft the Magic took Cole at 15 …UK guards continue to flourish in the NBA.

4) Magic team 3 point shooting percentage is now down to 33.7 ….   .5 out of dead last in the league …when your 2 best players like to attack the rim this stat does not promote efficiency offensively .

5) Philly win last night was their first all year when playing without Joel Embid.

6) Brutal stretch of games coming up against winning teams.