Soul Bro

2023-2024 General Game Thread

30 minutes ago, orlandoholic said:

WCJ played well.. He’s not playing big minutes because the Magic are really really conservative with injury management.. 

He did but Goga played better.

We've got a little injury luck tonight with Embiid being out. Need to make that count at home, let's start another winning streak. (Be our luck if we get a Tobias Harris career game tonight).

1 hour ago, CTMagicUK said:

Yeah, Goga should start. I think 15-18 minutes off the bench for Dell would be good for him until he finds his groove. The offense doesn't flows the same way with him. Goga gets put backs, easy dump offs, protect the rim and he seem to make the right passes, too. Dell, on the other hand, like to stand out by the 3 point line. He could become a nice trade chip, because I doubt they re-sign him.

16 minutes ago, Shine88 said:

Yeah, Goga should start. I think 15-18 minutes off the bench for Dell would be good for him until he finds his groove. The offense doesn't flows the same way with him. Goga gets put backs, easy dump offs, protect the rim and he seem to make the right passes, too. Dell, on the other hand, like to stand out by the 3 point line. He could become a nice trade chip, because I doubt they re-sign him.

He's under contract for the next 2 and a half years so re-signing him isn't really something to think about. (Unless you mean Goga who we should be trying to re-sign)

Wendell isn't at 100% yet either let's wait and see before we make big decisions. 

11 minutes ago, CTMagicUK said:

He's under contract for the next 2 and a half years so re-signing him isn't really something to think about. (Unless you mean Goga who we should be trying to re-sign)

Wendell isn't at 100% yet either let's wait and see before we make big decisions. 

We've seen WCJ at 100% for more than a small sample size. He's a great player, but Goga fits with our starters better. We need that presence in the middle on both ends. His contract makes him a great trade chip. Along with others and a pick or 2 we should be able to bring in a knock down shooter that fits what we are doing.

5 minutes ago, A Better DJ & Photographer said:

We've seen WCJ at 100% for more than a small sample size. He's a great player, but Goga fits with our starters better. 

We've never seen a healthy WCJ with this version of the team. And he was easily a top 3 player for us last season in that sample. 

37 minutes ago, CTMagicUK said:

We've never seen a healthy WCJ with this version of the team. And he was easily a top 3 player for us last season in that sample. 

I think giving WCJ 10 more games is reasonable. If he doesn’t fit like DJ said he will be a good trade chip. 

2 hours ago, harryfromphilly said:

I cant believe that there is no update on markelle.   Must be serious.

On the other hand, he has been traveling with the team, so .....

Yeah, I'm really worried about that too.

It's been more than 20 games and as usual we have no clue about what's going on. 

5 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

Not imo.. He provides little on offense. In this game he had a couple of nice outback dunks. Yeah on i get it. I like the hustle. But WCJ is a better passer, a more creative playmaker, a 3 point threat, a pick and roll threat and a threat in the post.

1 hour ago, Phil4Real said:

Yeah, I'm really worried about that too.

It's been more than 20 games and as usual we have no clue about what's going on. 

Heard a interview. He’s doing just fine.. He just wants to fully heal. Meaning he wants to play painfree, given his injury history he wants to be extra cautious. Also he wants to be full go and not in an out…