Soul Bro

2023-2024 General Game Thread

Now here me out. Sure, we have 2 starters out, but I think that with the rotations that Mosely is currently using, and the fact that the team has built some chemistry that has the team on a winning streak, I would like for Mosely to keep the rotations as is.

First, I would like for Goga to replace WCJ as the starting center. He has been a very good match up for other teams' centers  and has done a very good job as a rim protector.. Whereas WCJ is better offensively, Goga has helped the Magic get off to an excellent start by protecting the rim. He might be the same height as WCJ, but he just seems bigger around the basket. That is important when we play against centers like Jokic and Anthony Davis who sometimes play center even though he is a power forward.

Mo Wagner is huge coming off the bench with the second unit along with Cole Anthony.

Issac has done well grabbing rebounds and blocking shots, but he is a power forward and reminds me a lot of Horace Grant and the era when we had Shaq.

Go ahead and downvote me. But that's my opinion.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

23 minutes ago, TrueMagicFan07 said:

Now here me out. Sure, we have 2 starters out, but I think that with the rotations that Mosely is currently using, and the fact that the team has built some chemistry that has the team on a winning streak, I would like for Mosely to keep the rotations as is.

First, I would like for Goga to replace WCJ as the starting center. He has been a very good match up for other teams' centers  and has done a very good job as a rim protector.. Whereas WCJ is better offensively, Goga has helped the Magic get off to an excellent start by protecting the rim. He might be the same height as WCJ, but he just seems bigger around the basket. That is important when we play against centers like Jokic and Anthony Davis who sometimes play center even though he is a power forward.

Mo Wagner is huge coming off the bench with the second unit along with Cole Anthony.

Issac has done well grabbing rebounds and blocking shots, but he is a power forward and reminds me a lot of Horace Grant and the era when we had Shaq.

agree. 

downvoters should have a diff group

2 hours ago, TrueMagicFan07 said:

Not sure how anyone could downvote your comment when team just had back to back superb games.  Obviously hard to want to change anything when you’re playing so well.  

• Upvote 1

The Goga thing is interesting. I don’t think he is a better player than Wendell but I do think he looks more physical. Also wonder if paradoxically him not having a 3 pt shot in his arsenal is helping him, as he never really finds himself spending too much time in the perimeter outside of screens.

Will be interesting to see how rotations go when WCJ is back.

That was awesome. Only second game this season where we really dominated from start to finish. The defense is suffocating man. The other team just see so many bodies. Then we force so many turnovers and get so many second chance points that it doesn't really matter about how good the offense is because we're shooting so many more shots than the other team. 

And on nights like tonight where we just attack the paint relentlessly and get dunks, lobs, FTs. It's over. 

Jalen Suggs is that dude. His defense and his energy epitomizes everything we're about.

Paolo is a star. 

Franz too though I still don't think we've seen the best of him offensively. 

Cole has been sensational the last couple as a passer specifically. That was always an area I thought he lagged behind the rest of the guard rotation but he made some great finds today and a double double with assists. 

9-5, 4 games over .500, still a chance in the Tournament. 

Tomorrow feels like a scheduled loss against the defending champs on the second night of a back to back but it's good vibes either way.

Also, it might mean nothing but Chuma hitting those 2 3s at the end raised my eyebrows a little. If he does that he's a rotation guy. 

Mosely is doing a phenomenal job.