Soul Bro

2023-2024 Season Thread

12 minutes ago, zollman said:

I am reminding myself that at the beginning of season I would have been satisfied with a .500 record and play in opportunity.  Even though this latest stretch has been tough to stomach, we are still exceeding expectations overall.

Hopefully we can hang on to a 6th or higher seeding and get a win or two (and valuable experience) in a 1st round series.  I’d be amazed with anything beyond that.

I think with us recently flirting with a possible 2nd or 3rd seed had me becoming disillusioned that we might have a good shot at making a deep run in the playoffs.. that ain’t happening, not yet..

If Franz doesn't go down we win at Houston and probably the Bucks and all is well..

but thats just my opinion 

the whole mood of magic social media..twitter etc etc is like its the end of the world... very fickle fans... not all of course.. 

We are making the playoffs directly without a doubt!! 

6 minutes ago, Jay Magic said:

If Franz doesn't go down we win at Houston and probably the Bucks and all is well..

the whole mood of magic social media..twitter etc etc is like its the end of the world... very fickle fans... not all of course.. 

I’d like to think that too.. just a lot of bone headed turnovers going on, shots not falling, and lethargic approach for what should be high urgency games.  Very frustrating to not see the team rise to occasion.. not even close.

Tomorrow night is our least stressful path to clinching a playoff spot and avoiding the play-in, but we still have a chance if we lose in Philly, which I’m expecting. The scenario:

Philly wins out

Indiana splits their last 2 (@ Cleveland vs Atlanta)

We split our last 2 and win Sunday vs Milwaukee

In this scenario, all 3 of us go 47-35 and while Philly has the head to head tiebreaker against us, we’d win the 3 way tiebreaker due to being division champs.

7 minutes ago, orlandoholic said:

https://x.com/fawzanamer_/status/1777155261666394209?s=46

Who is going to tell him? 

That statement by Suggs is so immature… 

That makes no sense. Now we know why we’re losing these must win games, guys are unfocused because they think making the playoffs is guaranteed at this point. Keep playing with fire and they will be lucky to win during the play in.

5 hours ago, Jay Magic said:

I’m so glad you post so much Jay. There are so many Debbie downers it’s ridiculous. 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, OnlyFranz said:

That makes no sense. Now we know why we’re losing these must win games, guys are unfocused because they think making the playoffs is guaranteed at this point. Keep playing with fire and they will be lucky to win during the play in.

In Jalen’s defense he’s pretty much the one guy playing hard consistently

1 hour ago, All Eyes On Me said:

In Jalen’s defense he’s pretty much the one guy playing hard consistently

absolutely!! 
But you can see others being quite casual these days.. The was they played against Charlotte and Houston are examples and kinda show that statement by Suggs is probably true for most in the locker room..

Paolo talking All NBA team is also kinda immature at this point

https://x.com/fawzanamer_/status/1778968619549852022?s=46

we need a veteran, a serious veteran on this team! 
I actually don’t like Lebron at all, but he would do wonders for the mentality of this team.. 

Its no coincidence we’ve been bad recently. We have jokesters on the bench while loosing, players thinking we are in the playoffs guaranteed and players that find it cool to be in the situation we are in..

Javonte Green might make a fun FA target. He's really played well since Chicago picked him up. Think he'd be a good bench wing, probably wouldn't cost too much either. 

“One of the worst-kept secrets in the league is that Orlando, loaded with young talent but not with shooters, might offer Klay a ton of money next summer. Meanwhile, Joe Lacob has said the Warriors want to get all the way out of the luxury tax next summer, which is possible, but only if they are very disciplined about how much they’re willing to pay to keep Klay (and/or CP3). Put bluntly, Klay is the only one of the big three who might end up more valuable to another team than what the Warriors want to pay him. The more durable he continues to be, the larger the contract he deserves. The Warriors should absolutely try to bring him back, and not just as a sentimental gesture.”

https://theathletic.com/5398810/2024/04/08/warriors-klay-thompson-free-agency-kawakami/?source=user_shared_article

Count me in on the Klay train. If we don’t trade for a younger star guard, this dude would help our young team learn how to grind, play team ball, and win. A 2-3 year big deal wouldn’t be a bad investment.