Soul Bro

2023-2024 Season Thread

18 minutes ago, CTMagicUK said:

The Bucks are also on the 2nd night of a back to back and are managing injuries to Middleton and Giannis so maybe we're both a bit banged up and it's less of a guarantee than you think? 

But I do agree we generally suck on the second night of back to backs even when healthy. 

We need to be rooting for them to break their skid tonight against Boston

36 minutes ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

Hawks likely to trade Trae or Dejounte in the offseason. Make it happen, Otis!

I can't wait for the endless debate on who we'd prefer to trade for only to end up with neither. 

• Upvote 1

Yeah, I think if either one gets traded it'll be to the Lakers. I think they both are Klutch clients.

I feel our target will be Anfernee Simons. He only has 2 years left on his contract (2 year - $53 million), so he kind of doesn't fit the timeline with Scoot and Sharpe. Plus, if they go BPA in the draft, one of the Kentucky guards will most likely be the best players on the board. I think this summer is the best time to trade him if they want to get the most bang for their buck, especially if they expect a jump from Scoot and Sharpe. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, CTMagicUK said:

I can't wait for the endless debate on who we'd prefer to trade for only to end up with neither. 

Oh, yes. Been following this team for too long haha.

23 minutes ago, Shine88 said:

Yeah, I think if either one gets traded it'll be to the Lakers. I think they both are Klutch clients.

I feel our target will be Anfernee Simons. He only has 2 years left on his contract (2 year - $53 million), so he kind of doesn't fit the timeline with Scoot and Sharpe. Plus, if they go BPA in the draft, one of the Kentucky guards will most likely be the best players on the board. I think this summer is the best time to trade him if they want to get the most bang for their buck, especially if they expect a jump from Scoot and Sharpe. 

I love it

4 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

This! :)

Lowe was also talking about that recently.

6. The artful patience of Bogdan Bogdanovic off the bounce -- and, hey, the Atlanta Hawks got interesting!

Ironically, it might take this stint starting in place of Trae Young for Bogdanovic to finally get his due in the Sixth Man of the Year conversation. Most of that discussion has focused on Malik Monk, Norman Powell and Naz Reid.

That would be a plausible top three in any order. Bobby Portis has butted into the conversation again. I had Monk leading three weeks ago, but a slump and then a knee injury have reopened the race.

Bogdanovic belongs in this inner circle. He is averaging a career-high 16.9 points and hitting 37.6% from deep on 10 attempts per 36 minutes. When he's on, Bogdanovic is a one-man inferno who can flip a game in two minutes.

He can soak up more ballhandling when defenses blitz Young or Dejounte Murray -- or when one is injured. The Hawks are plus-3.1 per 100 possessions with Bogdanovic on the floor -- and minus-7.6 when he sits.

Bogdanovic is not super fast, but he prods with a cagey change of pace that is tough to track.

Derrick White hounds Bogdanovic around two screens. Bogdanovic pump-fakes, waits for White to fly by and then ... just keeps waiting until White ends up all the way on Bogdanovic's right shoulder.

Bogdanovic burrows into White's chest, nudging him toward the sideline, and saunters through the alley that opens. When Bogdanovic senses he can get all the way to the rim, he hits the gas, crosses back to his right and evades Kristaps Porzingis with the artful up-and-under. (It's really more of a horizontal-and-under.)

The Hawks are 12-9 since losing Young to finger surgery -- 11th in offense in that stretch and 15th in defense. They have outscored opponents by 2.4 points per 100 possessions. They were minus-2.4 before Young's injury -- 10th in offense and an embarrassing 30th in defense. Murray is averaging 25 points and 9 assists since Young went out.

It's no surprise the Hawks have tightened their defense without Young. It's less about Young anyway, and more the Hawks being minus-150 this season with Young and Murray on the floor. Atlanta barely won its combined minutes last season. This is a 2,700-minute sample of mediocrity.

It's not yet clear the Hawks are "better" without Young. It is clear that they aren't very good with Young and Murray and that they're not any worse off with only one. It's simple logic from there to trade one, recoup the picks that went out of the door in the original Murray deal and reorient the roster.

Which one? The answer is probably whoever fetches the greater return.

https://www.espn.ph/nba/insider/story/_/id/39876302/lowe-joel-embiid-return-anthony-davis-passing-lakers-cost-rockets

20 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

Trae > Murray >> Simons for me.

I hate thinking about money in sports, i really do. Should be able to be a fan and just want the best players. However i just can't wrap my head around having Trae and all the other players on the team we have to pay. 

In any scenario we trade for Trae we have to almost assume either Franz or Suggs is going back the other way. 

At least DJ i can see fitting in with everyone staying. His contract is 25 million this upcoming year and escalates to 31 million 3 years later. I honestly can't see a Young trade without Franz going back the other way. DJ i could see happening but even that way they would be trying to get Suggs or Franz. 

It just makes more sense that we finally give out a free agent contract since they literally targeted this year to have money to spend. So take a big look at actual free agents. I would still much rather get a couple of lesser players then one big one. Two guys like Tyus Jones and Hartenstein at 15 million each would be much better for the teams growth. Much easier to move those pieces as well.

At this point as far as a trades the only idea that kinda makes sense is the Simons trade mentioned above. Unless some team just wants to give us somebody for nothing. At this point i view first round picks as expendable so 2 or 3 picks FR picks would mean nothing to me. We don't need them right now.