Soul Bro

2023-2024 Season Thread

12 hours ago, Soul Bro said:

You guys reading the rumors of Orlando’s interest in Russell? I’d sign him on a three year deal.

Sure why not. He's no Trae Young/Dejounte Murray but he's still a big upgrade offensively. Defensively he kinda sucks but you can't have everything.

DLo could be fun cause I don’t think we’ve had a guard that could randomly go for 40 on any night since TMac (and don’t anybody dare say Evan Fournier lol). I’d put DLo and Monk on the same level tbh. They’re the targets if we tackle our weaknesses via FA. I’d rather trade, esp cause I don’t want our first round pick this year, but we could do a lot worse than Russell.

D-Lo would be the best guard we had since T-Mac, which is sad. Plus, him playing his best ball playing off Bron, he could do the same with Paolo. I don't see him signing a longterm contract, so his  contract would be off the books before we'd have to pay Paolo, Franz and Suggs. Kind of like the VanVleet and Houston situation.

I’m kind of torn on D Lo. He was bad in Golden State and the moment Mike Conley replaced him in Minnesota they got better. Also he got benched in the fourth quarters of the Western Conference Finals last year.  The Ringer has had a vendetta against him for years talking about his low BB IQ. Russilo and Simmons have had many rants about fan bases talking themselves into him only to hate him after a few months. 

All of that being said he can shoot!  He’s not a huge  needle mover though and I’m afraid we would overpay for him.  I’d still rather trade for Murray or someone else.  

3 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

Sure why not. He's no Trae Young/Dejounte Murray but he's still a big upgrade offensively. Defensively he kinda sucks but you can't have everything.

What about Collin Sexton? I think he could be a good fit in Orlando. Also he has a good contract.

2 hours ago, matthi32 said:

What about Collin Sexton? I think he could be a good fit in Orlando. Also he has a good contract.

Is he available? 

Plus Sexton and Russell feel kind of a wash to me.

I do think our biggest priority this summer is adding an offensive and shooting coach on our assistant coaching staff. the team shows they are capable of growing organically. 

defense is already in full display, time to improve our offensive plays. recent losses shows how we lack depth on that department

I hope Weltman listens to LeBron and J.J's podcast. They spend the whole pod talking about spacing or lack there of, a la, Bron first run in Cleveland.

great watch.. But please, give the man some help.. Watching these clips and observing Ingles and M. Wagner doing their best they learned at „James Hardens defense academy“ is wild.. It’s like sometimes he’s the only defender when he plays with Cole, Ingles and Moe. lol.