Soul Bro

2023-2024 Season Thread

18 minutes ago, CTMagicUK said:

I don't think the Hawks do it and I think it'd need way more for Trae than expirings and picks.

Also, with the new CBA i understood, that it is  impossible to have 3 max players in a team. 

Franz and Paolo gonna get that max too. 

My biggest hope is to get Simons.

Thats not realistic so my target is Murray. 
If we can’t get that done i want Tyus Jones and Kispert in a package deal! 

We don't need a Young. Anyone can see we have the makings of 3 all-stars in Wagner,Suggs and Banchero. We just need make shrewd trades for the next White,Brown,Caruso or other high end role players. God forbid we really get lucky and pick up a Lopez or Middleton when anyone could have had them, just like the Bucks did many years ago.

• The Magic have taken less than 30% of their shots from 3-point range in each of these last three wins, having done so just six times in their first 47 games. They’re 7-2 in those nine games overall, in part because they have the league’s fourth biggest differential between their 2-point value (107.9 points per 100 shots) and their 3-point value (103.5 per 100).

The Magic’s five-game trip concludes on Tuesday in Miami, where they lost an ugly one (one of 11 games this season in which both teams scored less than 100 points) last month. They’re a game ahead of the Heat for seventh place in the East (and first in the Southeast Division).

https://www.nba.com/news/power-rankings-2023-24-week-16?lid=esakw5m7s5zb&cid=nba%3Adynpage%3Aown%3Aemail%3Adaily%3Alink%3Aeg%3Anl%3Aeng%3At-crm%3AUS%3Aen%3A20240205:DAILY_NEWSLETTER%3A&lctg=633b282a0715ff25d1d18831

The "safe" trade route would be something like CTMagicUK suggested:

Anthony and Ingles and a pick for Jones and Kispert (works in the ESPN trade machine)

9 minutes ago, Soul Bro said:

Anthony and Ingles and a pick for Jones and Kispert (works in the ESPN trade machine)

I'd prefer to not give up Joe to be honest.

Only because I like him and he's an experienced vet who seems to be like a coach on the floor.

9 minutes ago, Soul Bro said:

I would love that trade. I've been high on Kispert since his college days. That boy can shoot! Jones would be an improvement as starting PG and give us a bench of Fultz, Harris, Kisbert, JI, and Mo. I like it! I'd even throw in some 2nds.

1 hour ago, CTMagicUK said:

I'd prefer to not give up Joe to be honest.

Only because I like him and he's an experienced vet who seems to be like a coach on the floor.

yeah i’m keeping him and possibly keeping him on the staff, after we waive him in the offseason. 

Harris and Cole for Tyus and Kispert works for me. 

1 hour ago, A Better DJ & Photographer said:

I would love that trade. I've been high on Kispert since his college days. That boy can shoot! Jones would be an improvement as starting PG and give us a bench of Fultz, Harris, Kisbert, JI, and Mo. I like it! I'd even throw in some 2nds.

I like this more

PG: T. Jones, Fultz

SG: Suggs, AB, Queen, K. Harris

SF: F. Wagner, Kispert, Howard, Houstan

PF: Banchero, JI, Okeke

C: WCJ, M. Wagner, Bitadze

This team could beat anybody i feel. No playmaking issues and we’d have solid shooting around. 

I also like Kispert playing some minutes alongside Paolo. Paolo attracts so many defenders, Kispert as a great movement shooter would really eat. 

For Kispert and Tyus i’d even trade a first, probably the Denver pick. 

In the off season i’m bringing in Monk! 

Fultz going forward is a backup and possibly even third string. I’m keeping him around as a great veteran who loves the game!

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, orlandoholic said:

Also, with the new CBA i understood, that it is  impossible to have 3 max players in a team. 

Franz and Paolo gonna get that max too. 

My biggest hope is to get Simons.

Thats not realistic so my target is Murray. 
If we can’t get that done i want Tyus Jones and Kispert in a package deal! 

Trail Blazers fan here.  I'm curious why you think acquiring Simons would not be realistic, and what you think a reasonable package for him would be.  It's tough for us to know if we're over/under valuing our players, so it'd be nice to hear what another team's fans think he's worth.

As for his availability, I agree that Cronin isn't likely to deal him, but I personally think that if our front office is committed to a rebuild with Scoot/Sharpe as the backcourt of the future, it would make sense to deal Ant now at the height of his usage and visibility.  If the recent picks develop like we hope they will, Ant's trade value is only going to decrease.

8 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

Health permitting I think we've got a shot to pass the 76ers for the 5 seed. If we can outpace the Pacers the rest of the way. 

76ers are 4-10 without Embiid this season (embarrassingly one of those 4 is against us), they needed a Maxey 50 piece to beat Utah by 3 a few nights ago. 

If we can finish at 5 or 6 I like our chances to at least make a Knicks or Cavs series competitive.

we will beat the knicks..

Cavs is a more tricky one 

Latest rumors are we have zero interest in offense only players, writer with yahoo specifically named Huerter as someone who we have no interest in. The only real two-way player we’ve talked about over the past few weeks is Dejounte