Soul Bro

2023-2024 Season Thread

32 minutes ago, MagicMan1979 said:

Dejounte Murray scored the last seven points in an 11-0 run to open the overtime for Atlanta and finished with 19 points.

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/39455180/hawks-overcome-steph-curry-60-ot-win-vs-warriors

He scored their last 7 points of OT if that helps any?

I’m glad he got hot late, but that just means without the free period of basketball he went 6-20 for 12 points. He’s shooting worse from deep than Suggs this year. I like the talent and I wouldn’t hate a trade for him, depending on cost of course, I guess my only point is I wouldn’t use last nights game to try to sell people on him lol

Just now, All Eyes On Me said:

I’m glad he got hot late, but that just means without the free period of basketball he went 6-20 for 12 points. He’s shooting worse from deep than Suggs this year. I like the talent and I wouldn’t hate a trade for him, depending on cost of course, I guess my only point is I wouldn’t use last nights game to try to sell people on him lol

Yea, if he's not that bad from the field maybe the game doesn't go to OT and Atlanta win in regulation. 

And I'm not going to lie, I think it says something about Dejounte Murray that in a game where Trae Young was absolutely scorching hot, Murray took more shots than him. 

My ideal PG isn't really one who thinks "oh Paolo is absolutely cooking tonight, better make sure I get mine as well". 

I'm not out on Murray, for the right deal id definitely do it, but that game doesn't do anything to help him in my eyes. 

30 minutes ago, CTMagicUK said:

Yea, if he's not that bad from the field maybe the game doesn't go to OT and Atlanta win in regulation. 

And I'm not going to lie, I think it says something about Dejounte Murray that in a game where Trae Young was absolutely scorching hot, Murray took more shots than him. 

My ideal PG isn't really one who thinks "oh Paolo is absolutely cooking tonight, better make sure I get mine as well". 

I'm not out on Murray, for the right deal id definitely do it, but that game doesn't do anything to help him in my eyes. 

I agree with both of your takes on Murray. He’s the best of the players out there but isn’t perfect by any stretch.  I just happened to see that article about the game since I didn’t watch it and thought I’d provide a little context.  Murray seems like a Laker to me at this point. 

Brogdon would more of a get out of Paolos way when he’s cooking type of guy. Him spotting up would help a lot. 

2 hours ago, MagicMan1979 said:

Dejounte Murray scored the last seven points in an 11-0 run to open the overtime for Atlanta and finished with 19 points.

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/39455180/hawks-overcome-steph-curry-60-ot-win-vs-warriors

He scored their last 7 points of OT if that helps any?

He won the game for them! Also keep in mind he's a PG playing SG. We need a starting PG that demands respect outside the arc badly. Murray hit back-to-back game winning 3s recently to win games, one of which was against us. Last night he won the game for Atlanta. I care a lot more about the Ws than I do the shooting percentages.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

10 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

Murray definitely seems like the type of player who wants to ensure that he gets the maximum amount of money and recognition on any team he's on. I imagine it's why he got traded by San Antonio even though he had so much potential. 

you don't want someone like that on your team if culture is important. 

In the eight games since he’s returned, Franz is shooting 50/40/87 for 20+ points a game. Those are very encouraging percentages. 

• Like 1

The Embiid news of another meniscus tear is really tough news for that team. Given his injury history and body, I don’t see him coming back for a long while… meaning that team is about to drop in the standings 

2 hours ago, Soul Bro said:

The Embiid news of another meniscus tear is really tough news for that team. Given his injury history and body, I don’t see him coming back for a long while… meaning that team is about to drop in the standings 

Yes. When Embiid is healthy no one can stop him.  He’s like an adult playing against children.  But Philly depends on him a great deal for their success.  

i feel so bad about that injury because he really is a force of nature. If the Magic stay healthy i can see us moving up in the standings, but nothing is a given.

It's just logical. We are over 500, as healthy a team as any right now, and the schedule  is going to be easier moving forward. Still we should make a trade unless nothing is out there.

I don't think Murray is the one but mostly because his extension has just begun. Brogdon just makes too much sense. If we don't even pick up Tyus or someone like him i will view it as a failed deadline, either way i expect us to win more games after the break.

I was able to watch several games this past week, love our team!

Go Magic! I just want to see the offense unlocked a bit more.

Health permitting I think we've got a shot to pass the 76ers for the 5 seed. If we can outpace the Pacers the rest of the way. 

76ers are 4-10 without Embiid this season (embarrassingly one of those 4 is against us), they needed a Maxey 50 piece to beat Utah by 3 a few nights ago. 

If we can finish at 5 or 6 I like our chances to at least make a Knicks or Cavs series competitive.

Trade deadline thought, are the Hawks that over Trae that they’d consider picks and getting out of his contract? And if so, would we trade like Fultz, Harris, Chuma and 3 firsts for him? I don’t know if I like it or not tbh. He hasn’t shown willingness to play offball, but maybe he’d change if he actually played with other talented playmakers 

5 minutes ago, All Eyes On Me said:

Trade deadline thought, are the Hawks that over Trae that they’d consider picks and getting out of his contract? And if so, would we trade like Fultz, Harris, Chuma and 3 firsts for him? I don’t know if I like it or not tbh. He hasn’t shown willingness to play offball, but maybe he’d change if he actually played with other talented playmakers 

I don't think the Hawks do it and I think it'd need way more for Trae than expirings and picks.