Soul Bro

2023-2024 Season Thread

12 minutes ago, All Eyes On Me said:

I know you mentioned Dejounte was a Klutch sports guy, I’m pretty sure Trent is as well. Do we still think Rick Paul is telling players not to go to Orlando? I don’t think we’ve had a Klutch repped athlete yet

Didn't know Trent was with Klutch. Damn Rich Paul must have like 50 clients. 

Is that a rumour or an actual thing about Klutch and Orlando?

Terrence Ross and Aaron Gordon both signed with Klutch in 2021... Aaron Gordon was traded less than a month later which I guess adds credence to that... Ross left Klutch about a year after signing with them to go back to his previous agent while he was still here (which I guess could also add credence to the rumour if you think he signed with them to try and get traded and then left them when he no longer cared if he was traded or not).

4 minutes ago, CTMagicUK said:

Terrence Ross and Aaron Gordon both signed with Klutch in 2021... Aaron Gordon was traded less than a month later which I guess adds credence to that... Ross left Klutch about a year after signing with them to go back to his previous agent while he was still here (which I guess could also add credence to the rumour if you think he signed with them to try and get traded and then left them when he no longer cared if he was traded or not).

No idea about any ill between Klutch and Orlando, but Brogdon is a Klutch guy, too. Maybe we should ask Junkie to look into it. He was a lead investigator for these boards back in the day ❤️

5 minutes ago, CTMagicUK said:

I just remember rumors about LeBron and Rich Paul hating Orlando cause of the 09 playoffs and the bubble, but they could just be rumors, I just know we havent seemed to have a lot of luck with Klutch, but could just be coincidence 

On 1/19/2024 at 10:22 PM, CTMagicUK said:

Dejounte Murray is a Klutch guy FYI. 

He has been also a clutch guy recently! :P

IMO the F.O. needs to set their sights on exactly which player(s) they want and put offers out that nobody can beat NOW, not wait until the deadline and try to grab leftovers. Our needs are obvious and if we want to contend this season we have to make a powerful move. The guy (Murray) that just hit 2 straight game winning 3s would be great, but whoever they target we do  have the expiring contracts, players,  and picks to get a deal done. Let's go!!!

• Upvote 2

Edwards turned his answer into a gripe about the calls Gilgeous-Alexander was getting. “It’s hard to [contain them] with the calls that Shai gets,” Edwards said. “It’s hard to shut them down.You can’t touch him any time of the game. It’s super hard to beat. That team is a good team, especially when they’re getting calls like that.”

I hope the NBA cleans this up.. It’s getting laughable ridiculous and it’s come to the point where i only opt to watch Magic games. I used to watch a lot more but i just can’t stand the NBA anymore. 

• Upvote 1

The Nets are apparently asking for 2 firsts for Dorian Finney Smith. I get that most teams interested in DFS will be contenders so those picks might not be good but that's kind of crazy. Have to think we'd have to pay more like 3+ picks for Murray if that's what the market is like. 

1 hour ago, CTMagicUK said:

The Nets are apparently asking for 2 firsts for Dorian Finney Smith. I get that most teams interested in DFS will be contenders so those picks might not be good but that's kind of crazy. Have to think we'd have to pay more like 3+ picks for Murray if that's what the market is like. 

They can ask for a lot. Doesn’t mean anybody will pay two firsts! 

That would be crazy for DFS.. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

. Have to think we'd have to pay more like 3+ picks for Murray if that's what the market is like. 

If that what it takes to get whichever the guy the F.O. wants, we should make the move. We have a great core and can do without rookies for a couple of years. Bring on a scoring PG that will compliment Franz, Suggs, & Paolo!!! It's also time to part ways with several players that don't fit what we are doing or are out too much with injuries.

8 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

That Siakam trade looked like a lot to give up picks wise. Then you look at the picks and they kind of suck. 

2024 first-round pick (via Pacers), 2024 first-round pick (lesser of picks from Jazz/Clippers/Rockets/Thunder) and 2026 first-round pick (via Pacers, protected 1-4)

We could give them two first rounders and a bunch of second rounders. We have 15 of those.