Soul Bro

2023-2024 Season Thread

Imma be honest.. Two players make completely sense to our roster. Monk and Simons! 

Especially Simons feels like that moment where everybody knew CP3 was the perfect fit for D12 and we couldn’t ever get it done!

This time around we need to be more aggressive.. 

apparently the Pacers got a commitment out of Siakam. That deal doesn’t look too bad imo. They gave away two first in the 2024 draft, that is going to be pretty weak, especially where those picks projected to be..

So if we could get a commitment out of Monk, could we trade for him? Would the Kings do it? 

Oh and yeah. Simons is the guy i’d break the bank for. 

25 minutes ago, orlandoholic said:

Imma be honest.. Two players make completely sense to our roster. Monk and Simons! 

Especially Simons feels like that moment where everybody knew CP3 was the perfect fit for D12 and we couldn’t ever get it done!

This time around we need to be more aggressive.. 

apparently the Pacers got a commitment out of Siakam. That deal doesn’t look too bad imo. They gave away two first in the 2024 draft, that is going to be pretty weak, especially where those picks projected to be..

So if we could get a commitment out of Monk, could we trade for him? Would the Kings do it? 

Oh and yeah. Simons is the guy i’d break the bank for. 

I want Simons as the top of my wishlist but I don’t think Portland trades him. Monk I don’t see anyway the Kings trade, if he’s an option in free agency in the off-season I’d overpay for him tho. Dude is a bucket getter 

2 minutes ago, All Eyes On Me said:

I want Simons as the top of my wishlist but I don’t think Portland trades him. Monk I don’t see anyway the Kings trade, if he’s an option in free agency in the off-season I’d overpay for him tho. Dude is a bucket getter 

Imagine

PG: Simons, Fultz, Queen

SG: Suggs, Monk, K. Harris

SF: Franz, AB, Houstan, 

PF: Paolo, Isaac, 
C: WCJ, M. Wagner, Bitadze

I’d definitely love to grow this crew into a solid contender 

Screw it let's trade for Murray. I'm not like in love with it, he's a pretty weird personality, but it makes sense for us. Sounds like he'd be happy to be here given his comments post game. He's got a long contract, only 27, his defense has fallen off in Atlanta but I feel like Mosley could light a fire under him on that end. 

Fultz basically matches the salary by himself so if Atlanta would take an expiring contract and picks I'd be all over it. Our 2024 pick, the Denver 2025 pick, throw in a couple of seconds or the Phoenix pick swap if we need to add a little more. 

I'm hesitant to offer much more than that... and it'd be kind of conditional on him understanding and being willing to be the 2nd/3rd option and fit in and around Paolo and Franz and get after it on defense etc. 

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, CTMagicUK said:

Screw it let's trade for Murray. I'm not like in love with it, he's a pretty weird personality, but it makes sense for us. Sounds like he'd be happy to be here given his comments post game. He's got a long contract, only 27, his defense has fallen off in Atlanta but I feel like Mosley could light a fire under him on that end. 

Fultz basically matches the salary by himself so if Atlanta would take an expiring contract and picks I'd be all over it. Our 2024 pick, the Denver 2025 pick, throw in a couple of seconds or the Phoenix pick swap if we need to add a little more. 

I'm hesitant to offer much more than that... and it'd be kind of conditional on him understanding and being willing to be the 2nd/3rd option and fit in and around Paolo and Franz and get after it on defense etc. 

I hate it that i have to agree on this topic. Big Time Fultz fan. Been a believer when most people hated on him. 

But it is so clear right now. He’s never been this hesitant to shoot since joining the Magic, and even his fluid midrange jumper has the hitch now. 
I’d actually see if they would want G. Harris though. 
Fultz is love to return as a team veteran, second third rotation player. Young players can learn a great amount from him and he’s a great leader and locker room presence. He loves the game so much. 

I could also see Fultz and Isaac resigning for a great short term cheap contract. They owe the Magic big time! 

• Upvote 1

Raptors had to waive Koloko.. 

This is a chance to sell high on Bitadze and scoop up Koloko. I like him a lot. He does exactly what Bitadze does, but better imo. 

He sets great screens and he is quite well in playing within a system. He absolutely balled out in Arizona and was a big part of why Mathurin and others had the chance to shine

9 minutes ago, orlandoholic said:

Raptors had to waive Koloko.. 

This is a chance to sell high on Bitadze and scoop up Koloko. I like him a lot. He does exactly what Bitadze does, but better imo. 

He sets great screens and he is quite well in playing within a system. He absolutely balled out in Arizona and was a big part of why Mathurin and others had the chance to shine

I'm hard pressed to understand how you can pitch Koloko as an upgrade over Bitadze. Bitadze is less than a year older with  considerably more NBA experience and he arguably had better stats as a rookie in his age 19 season than Koloko did last year as a rookie in his age 22 season. Not to mention Koloko hasn't played at all this year due to a respiratory issue. 

I really like Mose and respect Weltman, but our core and rotation are out of whack right now. A guy like Mo Wagner needs to play. Guys like Chuma don’t need to play. We have no starting point guard. I’d argue a trade not only should happen but needs to happen. Murray, Brogdon, Jones… get us a legit lead guard. 

3 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

When Murray was in SA his defense was top flight. I think that part of his game looks worse now because he has to cover for Trea . Also he is a point guard who can shoot at least average threes and is not afraid to take a shot. I'd much rather have him than a couple of middling draft picks that will just rot on the bench.

4 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

I was so happy to read this CT after talking about his issues a few weeks ago. I think I’ve changed my tune on him also. He would help so much.  Since we last brought him up The Spurs have tried to trade for him back and Pop said nice things also. Lets lock in our PG position now. Your trade seems very reasonable. Hell throw in another second rounder. We have 15 of them and rarely use them.