Soul Bro

2023-2024 Season Thread

52 minutes ago, fan for too long 2 said:

Yeah he doesn’t look better than Caleb or Chuma. Smdh 

YES HE DOES

6 hours ago, Shine88 said:

wow, that’s crazy.. If the Pacers do that, it would be a great trade for the Raptors. 
I don’t understand what the Pacers are doing here. 

Siakam would most definitely be a half year rental as he hits UFA and already said he wants to test out his FA. He will go to the destination where he wants to live out his next contract and not in a forced environment. 

I could see him choosing the Sixers.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, orlandoholic said:

wow, that’s crazy.. If the Pacers do that, it would be a great trade for the Raptors. 
I don’t understand what the Pacers are doing here. 

Siakam would most definitely be a half year rental as he hits UFA and already said he wants to test out his FA. He will go to the destination where he wants to live out his next contract and not in a forced environment. 

I could see him choosing the Sixers.

Agree with your take.  Perhaps the Pacers have some additional information based on conversations behind the scenes with Siakam’s people.   Do they really believe they are that close to competing for a championship that’s its worth mortgaging their future for one very good player??

Pascal Siakam's agent has 2 relevant NBA players and the other is Indiana's Andrew Nembhard. Feel like if Indiana makes that trade they'll have some assurances about Pascal re-signing in the summer. 

25 minutes ago, ball junkie said:

I get it, but how many years are we going to play the same hypothetical on if 3 or 4 guys who are never healthy can all get healthy and most importantly stay healthy game? If it was just one of those guys we were hoping on sustained health for it would be one thing. We’ve got 4 lottery tickets essentially, and we’re speculating on what it would be like if they all hit at the same time.

• Upvote 1

In the end the only real health lottery ticket is Isaac. He was the only real game changing talent we drafted that might have been all NBA if he stayed healthy.

Fultz is cool, Fultz has some game but he really is a bust and will go down as a bust. Even when healthy he has no real shooting and he isn't some savant play maker either. Fultz was worth taking a chance on but his contract is about to expire. You literally only keep him if he is paid like a back-up. He has had two contracts to shed the bust label.

I mean at best let him go to another team that has a great staff like the Spurs. Maybe he can have a second career like Grant Hill did on the Suns. Same with Gary Harris. Gary is cool, Gary has skills, Gary can't stay on the floor, send him away!

Plenty of overlooked guys, guys who were considered throw in trades who at least go nuclear sometimes and play more then our guys.  Some even play great!

Players like Tim Hardaway jr.,Reggie Jackson,Jordon Clarkson,Bogdon. Other playoff teams to non play off teams get these secondary guys who at least make a difference sometimes.

We get guys like Gary Harris and other players who cannot even stay in the rotation for a full season.  Yes if Gary played like he does every year for that one month he is good he would be these other guys, but he can't! 

Let's go out and get somebody. 

5 minutes ago, hootie249 said:

In the end the only real health lottery ticket is Isaac. He was the only real game changing talent we drafted that might have been all NBA if he stayed healthy.

Fultz is cool, Fultz has some game but he really is a bust and will go down as a bust. Even when healthy he has no real shooting and he isn't some savant play maker either. Fultz was worth taking a chance on but his contract is about to expire. You literally only keep him if he is paid like a back-up. He has had two contracts to shed the bust label.

I mean at best let him go to another team that has a great staff like the Spurs. Maybe he can have a second career like Grant Hill did on the Suns. Same with Gary Harris. Gary is cool, Gary has skills, Gary can't stay on the floor, send him away!

Plenty of overlooked guys, guys who were considered throw in trades who at least go nuclear sometimes and play more then our guys.  Some even play great!

Players like Tim Hardaway jr.,Reggie Jackson,Jordon Clarkson,Bogdon. Other playoff teams to non play off teams get these secondary guys who at least make a difference sometimes.

We get guys like Gary Harris and other players who cannot even stay in the rotation for a full season.  Yes if Gary played like he does every year for that one month he is good he would be these other guys, but he can't! 

Let's go out and get somebody. 

If I’m guessing what we’ll do, it’s probably trade Harris, and if we go big fish hunting for salary match, Fultz and picks too, and keep Wendell and JI. Also wouldn’t put it past us to just stay put, as disappointing as that would be.

We really need to make a move for another ball handler, point guard and a shooter or one pretty good guy who does both. Brogdon,Tyus, whoever.

I do see a sneaky opportunity in trading Isaac to the Spurs. I could see them thinking he would be a great fit next to Wemby. Also his off the court stuff would be better suited to Texas. 

No doubt Isaac is a game changer, we just saw it the other night. So if the front office wants to keep him for one more year i don't blame them. His contract expires right when we have to pay Suggs and the two Wagners.