Soul Bro

2023-2024 Season Thread

39 minutes ago, CTMagicUK said:

Would need to be Fultz + Chuma for salary matching.

Wouldn’t Gary and Chuma also work with salaries? Of course picks would also have to be included unless Charlotte feels like doing a division rival a favor 

15 minutes ago, All Eyes On Me said:

Wouldn’t Gary and Chuma also work with salaries? Of course picks would also have to be included unless Charlotte feels like doing a division rival a favor 

You know they might only because we have a little bit more than the difference in cap space. I'd not considered that. We have like 6m in realistic cap space I think so we could absorb the 5m difference in salary. Yea definitely need picks to make it worthwhile for Charlotte.

29 minutes ago, Crazyhorse81 said:

Anyone else having trouble seeing these posts on mobile?  I can't ever read them!

refresh it

35 minutes ago, Crazyhorse81 said:

Anyone else having trouble seeing these posts on mobile?  I can't ever read them!

Me all the time. Half of these threads are just pages of blank posts to me. 

Kuminga apparently wants out of GS because he doesn’t think Kerr will ever play him. I m not advocating trading for him but Warriors are so interesting to think about. They had the chance to really extend the window when they landed the second pick and just picked the wrong guy. Seems like they also missed on the Kuminga moody year. Wonder what the landscape of the nba is if they had taken Ball that year. Also seeing them now I understand why bob myers retired lol

I don’t know what their pick situation is but I think they are a team to look at trying to snatch a future pick hoping they fall in the tank, but hard to know when that will be so long as they have Steph

13 minutes ago, Jason Funderburker said:

Kuminga apparently wants out of GS because he doesn’t think Kerr will ever play him. I m not advocating trading for him but Warriors are so interesting to think about. They had the chance to really extend the window when they landed the second pick and just picked the wrong guy. Seems like they also missed on the Kuminga moody year. Wonder what the landscape of the nba is if they had taken Ball that year. Also seeing them now I understand why bob myers retired lol

I don’t know what their pick situation is but I think they are a team to look at trying to snatch a future pick hoping they fall in the tank, but hard to know when that will be so long as they have Steph

Lucky for us they picked Kuminga and not Franz. 

On 1/15/2024 at 8:13 PM, CTMagicUK said:

Why would we "sell high" on someone we considered part of the core? 

1) We as members of the forum weren't even sure about that when he was playing great, now probably less, even if the opinion could swing from week to week, even from game to game as happened yesterday.

2) We don't know if the FO consider him part of the core. The short contract they offered last time seems to suggest they were not sure at all. As previously stated, they also have info about his health we couldn't obviously have.

3) In that time they had the time to evaluate the (doubtful) fit with Paolo and Franz. Considering his injuries and the other doubts about TOS, was a clear candidate to try to sell high and go in another direction.

I'm not at all against him. Actually, I really like him. But sometimes you've to make difficult decisions to try to get better. This FO is clearly risk-adverse, so now we've more doubts about him and less value in a trade.