Soul Bro

2023-2024 Season Thread

Fultz trade market is, apparently, being explored and everybody jumps to big names but realistically Markelle's value is pretty low..

Only way we trade WCJ is if we get a star in return.. 

But people forget how good WCJ really is. Bitadze has been getting exposed lately. He’s a solid backup for sure. But people out here acting like he is a starter. 

There are just so little centers in the league that can kind of switch out and guard the perimeter to some extend. In that regard, he is with Bam in a pretty lonely tier. 

And if we trade WCJ it is even more terrible, that we didn’t draft Lively. 

1 hour ago, orlandoholic said:

Only way we trade WCJ is if we get a star in return.. 

But people forget how good WCJ really is. Bitadze has been getting exposed lately. He’s a solid backup for sure. But people out here acting like he is a starter. 

There are just so little centers in the league that can kind of switch out and guard the perimeter to some extend. In that regard, he is with Bam in a pretty lonely tier. 

And if we trade WCJ it is even more terrible, that we didn’t draft Lively. 

Murray or Simons would help this team out more than keeping WCJ would. Goga is the least of our worries right now especially since he is a cheap option at C and has clearly proven he can start for this team. Our guard play is atrocious and getting any kind of upgrade there is going to help us get in the playoffs. Clearly management feels the same way about Goga and our guard situation or they wouldn’t be exploring a trade for WCJ. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

Fultz trade market is, apparently, being explored and everybody jumps to big names but realistically Markelle's value is pretty low..

Yes, I think Fultz is simply an expiring. We’ll have to  be throw picks into any deal.

Realistically, I think Paulo, Franz and Jalen are all untouchable or borderline untouchable. And given the culture we’ve built, I’d be surprised if we make a massive move. I’d love a guy like Simons, especially with his Orlando ties. But realistically I think we’ll target a guy like Brogdon.

To be seen how real are those rumours about Markelle and Wendell, but would be a terrible timing to sell them, especially Fultz, value would be a lot lower than, for example, last offseason.

17 minutes ago, Luke_FfS said:

To be seen how real are those rumours about Markelle and Wendell, but would be a terrible timing to sell them, especially Fultz, value would be a lot lower than, for example, last offseason.

It's realistically the only time to sell Markelle specifically. He's expiring. Had this season gone differently we might have been talking about a Markelle extension but that seems very unlikely now so it's either trade him or just let him expire. 

I’m not sure Fultz value being low matters, I don’t think it was ever really high. 

PG and C are obviously our biggest needs and I hope we address them soon since I’m a believer you need to start the process of winning ASAP but I’m not convinced we make any moves sadly with their track record. 

Would love Tyus Jones he fills a huge gap with what we need from a PG. Center is where it gets a bit tough since Wendell can be good but still has flaws but a case could be made he doesn’t fit this team long term. 

• Upvote 1