Soul Bro

2023-2024 Season Thread

The Blazers face an interesting puzzle splitting minutes and touches among Henderson, Anfernee Simons and Shaedon Sharpe. The trio has logged just 41 minutes; Portland is a disastrous minus-27 over those minutes. They may not be able to tread water on defense.

Sharpe has blossomed hopping between on-ball and off-ball roles; he is ready for more. Simons is a great shooter who draws a ton of attention on the pick-and-roll. Henderson is (by far) the worst shooter among them, but he's the future.

From Zach Lowe this AM on the Blazers …I’m telling yall something is gonna have to give with those three guards …looks like they can’t play together …one of em has to go 

10 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

Weak. I agreed with the stance that only players who won us a championship should have their jersey retired. We stuck with that for so long only to say "nah nvm"

Basically guarantees Dwight is getting his retired too at some point. And I'd hope that's it.

I’d like them to retire Travis Diener’s jersey.  

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, Jay Magic said:

No interest in Barnes or Mitchell, but Huerter could be interesting based off how desperately we need perimeter shooting

4 hours ago, ball junkie said:

The Blazers face an interesting puzzle splitting minutes and touches among Henderson, Anfernee Simons and Shaedon Sharpe. The trio has logged just 41 minutes; Portland is a disastrous minus-27 over those minutes. They may not be able to tread water on defense.

Sharpe has blossomed hopping between on-ball and off-ball roles; he is ready for more. Simons is a great shooter who draws a ton of attention on the pick-and-roll. Henderson is (by far) the worst shooter among them, but he's the future.

From Zach Lowe this AM on the Blazers …I’m telling yall something is gonna have to give with those three guards …looks like they can’t play together …one of em has to go 

we shouldn’t dream about Simons.. 

Kuminga is frustrated as well as Moody. 

They could easily package a deal with the Warriors and get a perfect fit in return. 

I don’t believe the Warriors would say no.. 

POR get Kuminga, Moody, Wiggins

GSW Simons, R. Williams

now that would be a win win blockbuster. 

That said, i don’t think we have the WILLING assets to make that deal enticing. 

Isaac is a dark horse in that trade. But Kuminga is a perfect fit for that team as well, and he’s actually healthy 

45 minutes ago, All Eyes On Me said:

No interest in Barnes or Mitchell, but Huerter could be interesting based off how desperately we need perimeter shooting

I’d be all over Huerter.. 

And in FA we have our eyes on Monk. 

Didn’t think Huerter would be available. But now include him on my realistic list..