Soul Bro

2023-2024 Season Thread

5 hours ago, MagicMan1979 said:

In fairness I did want to draft Trae. But now that I have watched him a few years my opinion has changed big time. I don’t think he will ever win in the playoffs. I think that Eastern Conference Finals run was fools gold. I also think he would not be fun to play with at all. Definitely just my opinion he does put up good stats. He could be had fairly cheap though most likely. 

If he came here and we kept Paolo..Suggs..Franz..Isaac.. we got players to cover his defence shortcomings. Trae is underrated bigtime 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Jay Magic said:

If he came here and we kept Paolo..Suggs..Franz..Isaac.. we got players to cover his defence shortcomings. Trae is underrated bigtime 

I agree with you that he would be a terrific addition to our team.  I still remember how on that draft day, about half the posters were ecstatic that we got Bamba instead of Trae.  Not looking so good in hindsight :)

Unfortunately I suspect Atlanta would require one of either Franz/Paulo to get him, at the least.  

Edit:  Thinking about it, maybe we could trade to get Bomba back and then trade him straight up for Trae.  Give the Hawks a chance to correct their historic mistake!

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, JJZFL said:

I agree with you that he would be a terrific addition to our team.  I still remember how on that draft day, about half the posters were ecstatic that we got Bamba instead of Trae.  Not looking so good in hindsight :)

Unfortunately I suspect Atlanta would require one of either Franz/Paulo to get him, at the least.  

Edit:  Thinking about it, maybe we could trade to get Bomba back and then trade him straight up for Trae.  Give the Hawks a chance to correct their historic mistake!

hahaha good one

4 hours ago, JJZFL said:

There is no way it would take Paolo or Franz to get Trae. His value is not where you think. I listen to a ton of Pod Casts and Windhorst along with The Ringer guys have talked about it many times. In order for Trae to be successful you have to play to his style. He is extremely hard to fit on a team. He is also awful defensively.  If Atlanta trades him they would want draft picks as they’d be rebuilding completely. I think he would come cheap relative to his stats. 

3 hours ago, MagicMan1979 said:

There is no way it would take Paolo or Franz to get Trae. His value is not where you think. I listen to a ton of Pod Casts and Windhorst along with The Ringer guys have talked about it many times. In order for Trae to be successful you have to play to his style. He is extremely hard to fit on a team. He is also awful defensively.  If Atlanta trades him they would want draft picks as they’d be rebuilding completely. I think he would come cheap relative to his stats. 

Then why we should trade for him? :P

21 hours ago, ball junkie said:

Franz down to 27.8 from three …also takes a team high 5 a game 

I think this is directly related to not having a starting point guard right now. Will Kelle ever come back?

Hand wringing about the volume of Franz 3 point attempts is weird. Before this season he was a career 36% from 3 on 4 attempts per game. Either this is a slump or there's something going on that we're not aware of (some kind of lingering pain he's experiencing or some failed attempt to change his form). 

Either way he absolutely needs to shoot to maximize his game. If he doesn't take open shots he hinders the whole team because the other team won't close out on him and you end up with even worse spacing. 

Also, on a per possession basis Franz doesn't shoot as many 3s as Cole, Isaac, Suggs or Harris. 

37 minutes ago, CTMagicUK said:

Hand wringing about the volume of Franz 3 point attempts is weird. Before this season he was a career 36% from 3 on 4 attempts per game. Either this is a slump or there's something going on that we're not aware of (some kind of lingering pain he's experiencing or some failed attempt to change his form). 

Either way he absolutely needs to shoot to maximize his game. If he doesn't take open shots he hinders the whole team because the other team won't close out on him and you end up with even worse spacing. 

Also, on a per possession basis Franz doesn't shoot as many 3s as Cole, Isaac, Suggs or Harris. 

It's a tough call because you're absolutely right, the hope is he'll shoot himself out of his slump and we can't have more guys who don't take 3's, but as long as he shoots this badly and keeps taking 3's he's potentially costing us games.  Our last 4 games, all losses, he's 2-18 from 3 and that probably cost us at least one game.

55 minutes ago, Soul Bro said:

I think this is directly related to not having a starting point guard right now. Will Kelle ever come back?

Maybe but a fair number of those 3's that he missed were wide open, not sure how any point guard would have changed that.

2 hours ago, Soul Bro said:

We have point guards on our g league team? Btw AB is not a point guard and a waist of space offensively. We are doing the same thing as last year, not getting a temporary point guard, is disappointing. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

2 hours ago, Soul Bro said:

This is a good point …I’d add rhythm and continuity adds to missing Kelle …used to playing with the same players .

• Upvote 1