Soul Bro

2023-2024 Season Thread

11 hours ago, Jay Magic said:

It's a small sample size, but I do feel like Jonathan Isaac is a valuable part of our team that we need. One could argue he could / should start on other units if he could stay healthy. Luckily, I see us signing him again to a more friendly team contract. He's an injury risk and even if he gets a slightly bigger offer from someone else, he's super close with his home church here, is originally from FL, and isn't entirely about the money (and frankly probably prefers to live in a red state). 

These games he's missed I think we're just being overly cautious with, knowing the long-term goal is to have him healthy all season and especially in the playoffs. 

27 minutes ago, Jay Magic said:

J.I if he was truly healthy is probably 1 of the best defenders ever to walk the planet 

Will have another game to prove it when the Magic face on Wednesday Cav's talented front line of Evan Mobley and Jarrett Allen.

• Magic guard Markelle Fultz (left knee tendinitis), who has been ruled out for a 13th straight game, is “progressing slowly” and still isn’t doing full contact work in practices, head coach Jamahl Mosley said on Tuesday, per Jason Beede of The Orlando Sentinel(subscription required). Jonathan Isaac, who has logged just seven minutes in Orlando’s past four games due to ankle issues, is listed as questionable for Wednesday’s game in Cleveland, Beede adds.

https://www.hoopsrumors.com/2023/12/injury-notes-beal-j-murray-jazz-magic.html#google_vignette

I have doubts in Fultz’s long-term health. I’m thankful for Black, though he’s offensively limited. If we can upgrade the PG position with the right guy, I’m all for it.

20 minutes ago, Soul Bro said:
  • Magic guard Markelle Fultz (left knee tendinitis), who has been ruled out for a 13th straight game, is “progressing slowly” and still isn’t doing full contact work in practices, head coach Jamahl Mosley said on Tuesday, per Jason Beede of The Orlando Sentinel(subscription required). Jonathan Isaac, who has logged just seven minutes in Orlando’s past four games due to ankle issues, is listed as questionable for Wednesday’s game in Cleveland, Beede adds.

https://www.hoopsrumors.com/2023/12/injury-notes-beal-j-murray-jazz-magic.html#google_vignette

I have doubts in Fultz’s long-term health. I’m thankful for Black, though he’s offensively limited. If we can upgrade the PG position with the right guy, I’m all for it.

Starting to think we won't see Fultz before Christmas.