Soul Bro

2023-2024 Season Thread

1 hour ago, Jason Funderburker said:

Way too early to be dreaming about trade deadline stuff but imagine if we could swing Alex Caruso 

i don't think he is that good 

6 hours ago, Jason Funderburker said:

Way too early to be dreaming about trade deadline stuff but imagine if we could swing Alex Caruso 

If I've learned one thing about this magic leadership, it's that unless they are blowing up the team, they rarely make a trade for a guy who will impact the team and perhaps disrupt locker room chemistry.

if anything, I see them trading away someone like Markelle Fultz or Jonathan Isaac for something crazy like 2 2nd round picks because there is a better opportunity for them and we want to honor their wishes of a better opportunity for themselves. Not that I think they would, but I just don't see us trading 3 guys for a big name when we have been so focused on organic growth for so long. 

2 hours ago, fan for too long 2 said:

Isaac for two second round picks???  Lol. That would be epically bad. 

Hey since we are winning and Isaac looks great no need to speculate. However, what is the worth of a player who hasn't really played much in almost 4 years?

The big thing about both Fultz and Isaac is they will need a 3rd contract soon. How do you pay players who weren't even worth the first two contracts they signed?

Sounds harsh but it's true. In fairness, if they both spent most of the year healthy i could see them staying out of loyalty. Fact is most injury riddled players move to have a fresh start or a different medical team.

Nuggets eliminated, Celtics in trouble in NBA in-season tournament

Sat, November 25, 2023 at 1:36 AM EST

The Orlando Magic dealt the Boston Celtics' NBA in-season tournament hopes a blow on Friday as the Houston Rockets knocked reigning champions Denver out of the new competition.

Jokic scored a season-high 38 points to go with 19 rebounds and eight assists for Denver.

Aaron Gordon embodied Denver's offensive woes, going 0-for-12 from the field and putting up just two points.

Source:  Yahoo Sports