Soul Bro

2023-2024 Season Thread

13 minutes ago, hootie249 said:

Paolo was always the right guy. We needed a number one and i think Paolo is turning into that guy. Whatever Chet turns into i'm pretty sure he is always going to be a peice, not  the main dude.

I agree completely. He has improved so much already from last year. Think how much better he is than a guy like Tatum at the same age. 

21 minutes ago, TreyMachine said:

So are the Magic Contenders or Pretenders? At 10-5, let the debate begin. 

contenders..CHAMPIONSHIP contenders IF we stay healthy 

37 minutes ago, TreyMachine said:

Depends on health. Contenders for division? Yes. Conference and title? Not this year, not enough experience. Still very good, but on our way!

I am a little bit concerned with future rotation. When Fultz returns we are going to be better. But with Carter I am not sure. Goga Isaak and Mo are doing a great job.

5 minutes ago, Babir_9 said:

I am a little bit concerned with future rotation. When Fultz returns we are going to be better. But with Carter I am not sure. Goga Isaak and Mo are doing a great job.

why be CONCERNED. live in the moment. We are STACKED and have options every way possible 

6 hours ago, TreyMachine said:

Who cares? Just enjoy the moment. 

Maybe we end up winning 42 games, maybe it's 44, 46, 50. 8th seed, 6th seed, 4th seed? It doesn't matter because this team is so young. Our best players are on rookie contracts. We're a good team. Enjoy the ride. 

• Like 1

Happy Thanksgiving TBN!

Very thankful to have a relevant team again even if the media doesn’t realize it yet.

I’m all strapped in to enjoy the ride!

Go Magic!!

• Upvote 1

On 11/22/2023 at 7:24 PM, MagicMan1979 said:

I agree completely. He has improved so much already from last year. Think how much better he is than a guy like Tatum at the same age. 

Yeah this is just not a good comparison and always a knock on why i didn’t see him here.. 

We needed a Number 1-2 option and Paolo is that Alpha dog out there. Chet is a great player, but he’s definitely riding behind All Star MVP like player SGA and also great playmakers like Giodey and also Williams. 

Hes not the main focus point of opponents. 

I only had one issue with Banchero and that scared me a lot actually. It was his lack of effort on defense. He looked like prime Harden on defense at times..

But damn coach Mosley got him buying in! 

4 hours ago, orlandoholic said:

Yeah this is just not a good comparison and always a knock on why i didn’t see him here.. 

We needed a Number 1-2 option and Paolo is that Alpha dog out there. Chet is a great player, but he’s definitely riding behind All Star MVP like player SGA and also great playmakers like Giodey and also Williams. 

Hes not the main focus point of opponents. 

I only had one issue with Banchero and that scared me a lot actually. It was his lack of effort on defense. He looked like prime Harden on defense at times..

But damn coach Mosley got him buying in! 

I think you misunderstood me. I was comparing Paolo to Tatum as they are both big wings from Duke who are number one options. Not a perfect comparison as Tatum is more of a 2-3 and Paolo is more of a 3-4 due to his size.  It does help illustrate where Paolo is at the same age.

Year 2

Tatum 15.7 PPG 45% FG 37.3% 3PT 6 Rebs 2.1 Assists

Paolo   19.4 PPG 47.7% FG 45.5% 3PT 6.4 Rebs 4.3 Assists

Coach Kerr and Team USA also helped Paolo a lot with his defense.  That was his primary role as they used him as a small ball center a lot. That experience this summer was very valuable. Also just being a year older, wiser, and stronger has helped all around.