Soul Bro

2023-2024 Season Thread

12 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

We obviously promoted from within to full Tibbets role. It was late in pre season and we probably didn't want to add an outside voice to a close group and risk the chemistry. Or possibly we just want to build the culture among everyone here that if you work hard you can progress (see Anthony Parker gone from scout to GM with the Magic), there's nothing wrong with that and honestly it should be encouraged in an industry rife with nepo hires.

Also look at what happened in Milwaukee with Terry Stotts. Ex-head coaches aren't always good fits as assistants. 

I actually don’t exactly see an old school type assistant here. 
But why not a veteran EX player. Somebody like Iggy. I don’t know what that market would look like. What about K. Ollie? what’s he up to these days? I still love the idea of German Coach Herbert. 

What about Stackhouse? would he do it? don’t know.

We want experience? what about Dave Joerger. 

My biggest hope for experience would be Kenny Atkinson. Great teaching young fellas the fundamentals and also got some experience with the Dubs.. 

Dream case Cris Quinn. Change of scenery might be enticing, but highly unrealistic 

I also believe that what you have written is the reason we haven’t hired a new assistant. At least i hope so and that’s the only plausible explanation imo.. 
I don’t believe that is a position that can grow entirely internally. 
You need a voice our players can look up to. Not some newbie’s with great minds. 

Shoot if so they could just hire some expert fans. We know some X and Os lol. 

8 hours ago, orlandoholic said:

I actually don’t exactly see an old school type assistant here. 
But why not a veteran EX player. Somebody like Iggy. I don’t know what that market would look like. What about K. Ollie? what’s he up to these days? I still love the idea of German Coach Herbert. 

What about Stackhouse? would he do it? don’t know.

We want experience? what about Dave Joerger. 

My biggest hope for experience would be Kenny Atkinson. Great teaching young fellas the fundamentals and also got some experience with the Dubs.. 

Dream case Cris Quinn. Change of scenery might be enticing, but highly unrealistic 

I also believe that what you have written is the reason we haven’t hired a new assistant. At least i hope so and that’s the only plausible explanation imo.. 
I don’t believe that is a position that can grow entirely internally. 
You need a voice our players can look up to. Not some newbie’s with great minds. 

Shoot if so they could just hire some expert fans. We know some X and Os lol. 

Andre Igoudala has a job with the players union. If he wanted to be an assistant chances are Golden State would have made him one.

Ollie has an assistant job with the Nets. 

Stackhouse is the head coach at Vanderbilt. 

Atkinson is an assistant in Golden State. 

Chris Quinn has a job in Miami. 

Why would any of these people move for less than an NBA head coaching job? 

Your whole deal is "we need a great xs and os guy" but now you're saying we don't need assistants with great minds we need voices the players can look up to? You don't want an Xs and Os guy you want a name. 

I'm presuming the fan thing is a joke. 

On 11/20/2023 at 1:45 PM, MagicMan1979 said:

He is very very good. I still think Paolo was the right guy for what we need though. Still have to worry about Chet’s injury history also. The Thunder are absolutely loaded. 

I am as well. I think there's a good chance he plays three out of the next five years while young at an elite level and then continues to have injuries in his late 20s derail the rest of his career. His body, built like it is, just can't hold up. 

so I'd still rather have Banchero for a solid 15 year career slightly below maybe Chet's ceiling. 

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

Andre Igoudala has a job with the players union. If he wanted to be an assistant chances are Golden State would have made him one.

Ollie has an assistant job with the Nets. 

Stackhouse is the head coach at Vanderbilt. 

Atkinson is an assistant in Golden State. 

Chris Quinn has a job in Miami. 

Why would any of these people move for less than an NBA head coaching job? 

Your whole deal is "we need a great xs and os guy" but now you're saying we don't need assistants with great minds we need voices the players can look up to? You don't want an Xs and Os guy you want a name. 

I'm presuming the fan thing is a joke. 

I want both.. X and Os and a name our young players can look up to.. 

But this doesn’t need to be addressed right now. I can only imagine we didn’t get a replacement because we were in the middle of our training camp when Tibbets left.. 

Lets see what they’ll do next off season.. 

Aint nothing happening now anyway

3 minutes ago, Murphy13 said:

So it’s starting to look like we have a legitimately good team!

Flying down for the Boston game, anyone in 105?

we are certainly east contenders this season IF fully healthy 

Paolo was always the right guy. We needed a number one and i think Paolo is turning into that guy. Whatever Chet turns into i'm pretty sure he is always going to be a peice, not  the main dude.

• Upvote 1