Soul Bro

2023-2024 Season Thread

3 hours ago, All Eyes On Me said:

Joe Ingles looks every bit like a guy at the end of his career coming off a major injury. He seems great for the locker room and chemistry, but the sooner one of the kids can supplant him in the rotation the better. With GH being out I think Anthony Black has taken advantage and earned minutes even when Harris returns. Wouldn’t surprise me if Black got the Ingles minutes if Joe keeps struggling

I know it is not a perfect stat, but it works be unfair to Joe to not mention he had a +27 yesterday

4 hours ago, All Eyes On Me said:

Joe Ingles looks every bit like a guy at the end of his career coming off a major injury. He seems great for the locker room and chemistry, but the sooner one of the kids can supplant him in the rotation the better. With GH being out I think Anthony Black has taken advantage and earned minutes even when Harris returns. Wouldn’t surprise me if Black got the Ingles minutes if Joe keeps struggling

He seems even slower, but he has always been that way somehow. He doesn't help the team with phisical attributes, but with a lot of little things that are important in the team environment, not least the IQ. I don't believe he's our main problem now, even if still recovering. He probably needs those minutes to be back to good form.

7 hours ago, ball junkie said:

https://www.theringer.com/platform/amp/nba/2023/11/6/23948501/nba-sophomores-shaedon-sharpe-paolo-banchero
The Ringers Kevin O’ Connor loves him some Shaedon Sharpe …a good summary of this years sophomore class .

my hope with Shaedon is that Portland could be inclined to finally trade Simons!!

Bring Anfernee to Orlando already! He’s the perfect fit for our team! 

And Portland on the other hand should build around Sharpe and Henderson. Sharpe needs the ball in his hands to be great. That makes it extremely difficult to make that trio work. 

13 hours ago, ball junkie said:

https://www.theringer.com/platform/amp/nba/2023/11/6/23948501/nba-sophomores-shaedon-sharpe-paolo-banchero
The Ringers Kevin O’ Connor loves him some Shaedon Sharpe …a good summary of this years sophomore class .

He also had nice things to say about our player Paolo’s Bump this season in the same article.  Good find Junkie. 

1 hour ago, MagicMan1979 said:

He also had nice things to say about our player Paolo’s Bump this season in the same article.  Good find Junkie. 

Been waiting on you to chime in lol …my question is, the experts said Victor and Scoot were generational talents …O’Connor says Sharpe has a higher ceiling than Scoot or he insinuates that …so what does that mean for Sharpe moving forward ? Hhmmmm …

1 hour ago, ball junkie said:

Been waiting on you to chime in lol …my question is, the experts said Victor and Scoot were generational talents …O’Connor says Sharpe has a higher ceiling than Scoot or he insinuates that …so what does that mean for Sharpe moving forward ? Hhmmmm …

Sharpe looks like an All Star as I’ve said before.  He looks better this year than Mathurin or Murray from his draft.  Scoot looks further behind than the experts thought. I don’t think Sharpe is generational though. Wemby is for sure. Paolo and Chet still have the most potential from last years draft in my opinion. I think Paolo can get to a Tatum, Paul Pierce, ,Blake Griffin maybe Tmac level as a player. I’m not sure that’s generational either but it’s top 10 at worst. I love that Paolo is leading our team in assists. There’s not many forwards that can pass like him.  He is beating guys like Durant, Giannis, Tatum, Brown, Kawaii and Paul George. Once again I do like your adopted son Sharpe (tell him to pass sometimes though). Lol…. Always fun Junkie. 

• Upvote 1

Jalen Suggs currently leads the league in STL%.

Amazingly, Mo Wagner currently leads the league in 2P%. He's shooting almost 76% from 2 including an absolutely ludicrous 85% at the rim which is outrageous for someone who doesn't just catch lobs and dunk. 

17 minutes ago, All Eyes On Me said:

https://x.com/shamscharania/status/1724506310274642161?s=46&t=O_48d3F9zIM7WbaIMp7sdQ

Link isn’t embedding right, but the Bulls and Lavine are both interested in parting ways. I don’t know what I’d be willing to give up for him, but he’d make our offense a lot better.

He is a tough one for me. On the one hand he can shoot and score.  On the other hand he is injured a lot and is expensive. It’s hard to come up with the 40 million he would cost in a trade. 

2 minutes ago, MagicMan1979 said:

He is a tough one for me. On the one hand he can shoot and score.  On the other hand he is injured a lot and is expensive. It’s hard to come up with the 40 million he would cost in a trade. 

Yeah, $40 mill a year for 4 more years is a tough pill to swallow. I was fiddling with the trade machine and something like Fultz, Harris, Chuma would work salary-wise and we’d undoubtedly have to throw in picks on top of that. Appeal to the Bulls would be all 3 of those guys they’d get back from us are expiring