Sign in to follow this  
Soul Bro

2023 Pre-Season Thread

22 hours ago, ball junkie said:

Ok so I checked the Magic roster …we currently have 8 lottery pick players, Cole was 15 and Chuma was 16 just outside of it …two of our lottery picks were number 1 picks of their class .

Yet I don’t see us in any preseason predictions as making the playin game much less the actual top 8 teams of the Eastern Conference .

What is everyone’s expectations in terms of team success for this upcoming season ?

Curious …

I’m hoping we are exciting and make the playoffs this year but I don’t have any confidence that we will.  After being bad for so long, this team is going to have to first prove to me that they can be good before I’ll believe it.  

We better not be talking about tanking in Jan-Feb.  

On 10/7/2023 at 2:29 AM, ball junkie said:

Ok so I checked the Magic roster …we currently have 8 lottery pick players, Cole was 15 and Chuma was 16 just outside of it …two of our lottery picks were number 1 picks of their class .

Yet I don’t see us in any preseason predictions as making the playin game much less the actual top 8 teams of the Eastern Conference .

What is everyone’s expectations in terms of team success for this upcoming season ?

Curious …

If we stay healthy we can win the East

1 hour ago, Soul Bro said:

There’s nothing I want more for the Magic than for Fultz to pop, regain his shot, and lead us into the playoffs.

Oh yeaaaah

Should be a fantastic season

I feel like a 45 win season isn't out of the question in my mind. You have so many talented pieces. Only 2 have to pop from where they were last season to get us there since we played .500 ball most of the season. That would put us at 6th-8th in the East, which I think is a great place we'd want to expect to be. 

• Upvote 1

This year, I'm mostly hoping Suggs takes a big enough step forward with his shooting to take hold of the starting SG spot or Jett flashes and shows defensive potential at the position. SG is our biggest weakness by far. We really need someone to take the reins there. 

I think it speaks a lot to how people view Franz Wanger with him so high on this list (#52 best player in the league) - ahead of guys like Andrew Wiggins, Draymond Green, Zion, and Marcus Smart.

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/38549013/nbarank-2023-best-players-2023-24-100-51

I'd like to see Markelle Fultz crack into this list next year, which I think should be able to get done. Wendell Carter has a chance to crack it as well. 

Paolo is top 50 already, which is super fun to think about.