Sign in to follow this  
CTMagicUK

2023 NBA Summer League Watch Thread

I was prepared to not overreact to a really good or bad performance from Black, but I think this is a good showing. He scored pretty efficiently (his biggest question mark coming into the season), and did everything else well. He was also the only plus rating in the starting lineup, for whatever that’s worth. 

AB is the ultimate glue guy you want on your team. I don't expect much out of this Magic SL team, but I'm hopeful AB continues to grow his offensive game while showing those clear defensive and game-flow instincts that you just can't teach. 

If I can nitpick though, AB's handle needs to get a lot tighter. He's enough of an athlete I think we'll be fine, but both his handles and shot (which he's shown is improving) need to improve for him to be a starter in this league. 

I loved Jaden Ivey last year, and AB outplayed him today, so I’m excited! Jury’s still out on Jett, and will be for awhile. Maybe we took a project on purpose because we just don’t have enough minutes to go around, but that sucks to do with a lotto pick.

I thought AB looked fine outside the 7 TO’s …I mean he’s tall, passes and sees the floor well …I wouldn’t say he’s explosive …but most of our offense goes through Franz and Paolo …if we are gonna stick him in a corner after he gives it up wouldn’t a guy like this open our offense up better ?