CTMagicUK

2023 NBA Free Agency Thread

10 minutes ago, CTMagicUK said:

I actually really like it on a 1 or 2 year deal. Great shooter, great passer. Position of need.

Excellent addition 

35 years old, wonder how much he has in the tank and how many minutes he’d be able to go, but Ingles would be a good mentor for the young fellas. And he’s a southpaw; we haven’t had one of them in awhile 

ok    since we have 39 minutes now till any potential action, i'm going to ask a very naive question.

If the teams and players are not supposed to talk untill 6pm, where are all of these "links" coming from?

If reporters are talking to teams and they are expressing their interests and that is where they are coming from,

that does not guarantee player interest. Or vice versa,    And if they are talking to both and acting as a kind of

intermediary, i would think that would be against the CBA

Just now, harryfromphilly said:

ok    since we have 39 minutes now till any potential action, i'm going to ask a very naive question.

If the teams and players are not supposed to talk untill 6pm, where are all of these "links" coming from?

If reporters are talking to teams and they are expressing their interests and that is where they are coming from,

that does not guarantee player interest. Or vice versa,    And if they are talking to both and acting as a kind of

intermediary, i would think that would be against the CBA

They're already negotiating. Everyone knows it. The league just doesn't want teams to be too loud about it given they do need official dates in place so they can enforce against legitimate tampering.

59 minutes ago, Jay Magic said:

Woah! I didn't see this one coming but I like it. Dude's a shooter and a baller. Plus, he's an international guy, which fits our culture. 1-2 years and I'm happy.

Phoenix have pulled the qualifying offer on Jock Landale... I doubt we'll go in for a backup 5 now with keeping Goga but we could do worse. 

12 minutes ago, CTMagicUK said:

Phoenix have pulled the qualifying offer on Jock Landale... I doubt we'll go in for a backup 5 now with keeping Goga but we could do worse. 

Very surprising to me!

I like Ingles, even if 35 and a little too late.

But we talked about minutes in the guard rotation... now the battle is going to be even harder.

1 minute ago, Luke_FfS said:

I like Ingles, even if 35 and a little too late.

But we talked about minutes in the guard rotation... now the battle is going to be even harder.

Ingles isn't a guard.