Sign in to follow this  
CTMagicUK

2023 NBA Draft Day Thread

Hollinger (and others) love Black. He was number 5 on Hollinger's board:

I am possibly irrationally out over my skis here, but I love this guy. Black reminds me of Jason Kidd at times, a big, smart, defensively active guard who impacts winning in so many other areas that the lack of a jump shot becomes secondary. Black is also among the younger players in this cohort, with an early 2004 birthdate, and thus time is on his side when it comes to finding his stroke.

Black is a huge point guard who could potentially also play on the wing but moves his feet well enough on the perimeter that he can legitimately guard the one at the pro level. He combines that with some quick leaping, zipping off the ground to surprise shooters with shot contests and using verticality in the basket area very effectively.

https://theathletic.com/4520965/2023/05/16/nba-draft-2023-hollinger-top-20-prospects/

1 minute ago, Luke_FfS said:

All the forum members that were dying for shooting are going to hate that!

At some point we'll have to add some though... or show great individual improvement on 3p%

ah that talk is overrated imo.. We can always get shooters. Harris was great last season. It’s tougher to find great playmaking than good shooting

1 minute ago, CTMagicUK said:

Wonder if someone trades into 10 with Dallas to get Cam Whitmore.

Someone traded, OKC, but for another target.

This is interesting that OKC have essentially jumped over us. Be interesting to see who they pick given that because it implies we might have been interested and/or were willing to trade with someone who was interested.