Sign in to follow this  
CTMagicUK

2023 NBA Draft Day Thread

7q6q44.jpg.d6ee4f77e7cbbf0d4ac6a9ad58b79ccf.jpg

Draft starts at 8PM EST. 

The Magic currently have picks: 

Every team is on the clock for 5 minutes so I'd expect the Magic's pick to come in around 8.30-8.40pm EST (depending how long Adam Silver's speech goes to open the draft).

Latest mocks: 

https://nbadraft.theringer.com/mock-draft

(Anthony Black, Dereck Lively, Seth Lundy as at 20/06)

https://www.espn.com/nba/insider/story/_/id/37873455/2023-nba-mock-draft-latest-predictions-all-58-picks

(Black, Gradey Dick, Marcus Sasser as at 22/06 - been updated but Magic picks remain the same.)

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/10080062-brs-final-2023-nba-mock-draft-full-2-round-predictions

(Black, Gradey Dick, Tristan Vukcevic as at 21/06) 

I don't have The Athletic anymore but John Hollinger has mocked us: Ausar Thompson, Kobe Bufkin.

I'll update the above if new information or new mocks (from major outlets) come out. 

Let's go!

• Upvote 1

I should say here's something from the ESPN mock at pick 11: 

"Several rival teams have indicate that this pick is very much available in a trade for a veteran wing shooter, and we could see a team try to move up to this slot to snag one of Dick, Bufkin or Couliably in this slot."

That's a weird one. We already have Gary Harris who is very much a "veteran wing shooter" so for pick 11 it would presumably need to be a level above him as a player. I don't really know who that played is to be honest.

EDIT: Doug McDermott and future firsts for #11? Offset the fact that Doug isn't really worth a #11 with future picks? 

8PM is the real start or there's another half an hour like happened in the past?

Never understood why they don't make it in a way that is a little more palatable worldwide... 2AM in Europe, sigh.

21 minutes ago, Luke_FfS said:

8PM is the real start or there's another half an hour like happened in the past?

Never understood why they don't make it in a way that is a little more palatable worldwide... 2AM in Europe, sigh.

Yes, it's ridiculous. Apparently 7.30 PM for the annoying ads and blabbering, and 8.00 for Wembanyama being drafted

I'm still putting it in writing we're going for Bilal and will look to trade back in order to do so, but ultimately will pick him at #6 if we can't find a pick we like to go to #7-#9. 

I love a Thompson twin, but Bilal is a tried and true WeltHam prospect. 

Who was the guy last year that got the Magic first pick wrong ? Woj ? Who started the rumblings a few hours before the draft that the Magic were going Banchero ? Can’t remember …for when the predictions start rolling who’s reliable 

8 minutes ago, ball junkie said:

Who was the guy last year that got the Magic first pick wrong ? Woj ? Who started the rumblings a few hours before the draft that the Magic were going Banchero ? Can’t remember …for when the predictions start rolling who’s reliable 

Everyone got the Magic pick wrong for 99% of the cycle. Woj eventually called the pick like a half hour before it happened after saying it was Jabari Smith earlier that same day.

Gonna be interesting …as soon as Victor is off the board the intrigue of who’s going next kicks in …I personally think Miller fits better with the Hornets he’s super talented …but he had the issues with the law then you got reports he wasn’t in great shape for his workout …kinda red flags for me .

I think Charlotte goes Scoot …then I think Portland prefers Scoot …so what do they do ? …Looking forward to seeing it unfold 

7 minutes ago, ball junkie said:

Gonna be interesting …as soon as Victor is off the board the intrigue of who’s going next kicks in …I personally think Miller fits better with the Hornets he’s super talented …but he had the issues with the law then you got reports he wasn’t in great shape for his workout …kinda red flags for me .

I think Charlotte goes Scoot …then I think Portland prefers Scoot …so what do they do ? …Looking forward to seeing it unfold 

I think Miller actually fits in better with both teams with how they are currently constructed, but I think Scoot at the end of the day will be a better player. 

I don't see LaMelo and Scott fitting well together at all, on or off court. If you want personality examples, I think it goes about as well as Dwight Howard and Kobe Bryant.