Soul Bro

2023 Off-Season Thread

just a quick reminder that Fultz should not be traded in almost any scenario.. 

I believe Fultz could be a 20PPG player in the NBA if he stays healthy and also looks to be more „selfish“ at times. he’s focused on making the team better, which is great, but sometimes a team needs that lead scorer to get a bucket. 

I see a lot of traits of SGA. Both can get into the paint at will. SGA just wants to get there more

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Him or Ausar! Hands down. It starts with the family and Whitmore has a great foundation to work with. He will have a great NBA career and i still believe he is a great fit for this team

God I'm glad some of y'all aren't our GM. 

No, under basically no circumstance should we trade Franz Wagner to "build around Paolo"

(what does that even mean? Why can't we build around them both? Franz is an awesome defender, passer and off ball player, if I was trying to build around Paolo Franz is basically the ideal SF to put next to him). 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

3 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

No, under basically no circumstance should we trade Franz Wagner to "build around Paolo"

(what does that even mean? Why can't we build around them both? Franz is an awesome defender, passer and off ball player, if I was trying to build around Paolo Franz is basically the ideal SF to put next to him). 

My comment was basically saying I don't think Charlotte trades #2 without a guaranteed rising star like Franz. If we want Scoot (like many do), it will take trading Franz plus picks. I don't see any other way Charlotte does a deal, nor am I personally a fan of that trade. 

3 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

No way do we think about trading Franz. We have two elite wings which is extremely hard to find.  

56 minutes ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

33 year old Paul George on the trade block. Intriguing, but I'm sure their asking price will be ridiculous

not for us.. He doesn’t fit our team structure and timeline..

A friend of mine is Clippers Fan. He had a fealing a rebuild is coming.. 
For the Clippers it could be intriguing.. 

They can get a fortune for PG from desperate Portland (3, Simons and possibly Sharpe)

Then they flip Kawhi to the Warriors for example and get Kuminga, Poole, Moody and multiple picks.. possibly a 3 team deal

or Houston could come in since they have the possibility to add Hatden, they could get a great deal of young talent for Kawhi..

they have options

5 hours ago, orlandoholic said:

just a quick reminder that Fultz should not be traded in almost any scenario.. 

I believe Fultz could be a 20PPG player in the NBA if he stays healthy and also looks to be more „selfish“ at times. he’s focused on making the team better, which is great, but sometimes a team needs that lead scorer to get a bucket. 

I see a lot of traits of SGA. Both can get into the paint at will. SGA just wants to get there more

So agree with this ...  He may not ultimately be "the guy" we need at point. But I think that with his improvement game by game, if he stays healthy, he deserves the opportunity.   If trade deadline comes and he seems to have hit a wall, then it's time for a discussion.   (not saying we should not try to get scoot if we can, better to have 2 choices, just would not give up markelle to get him)

5 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

My original point was who would be the best player to pair with Paolo. Based on your response you believe that to be Franz. 

However, what I was trying to determine is does everybody think that or are we penciling Franz in longterm out of complacency (meaning he’s very good and already here)  

Let’s put it this way, for next 5 years would would rather have Franz or one of the non-Tier 1 players I listed below? Specially which of these players would you exchange Franz for? 

Anthony Edwards 

SGA

Jalen Brown 

Damian Lillard 

Brandon Ingram 

Desmond Bane 

Mikal Bridges 

Anfernee Simons 

Josh Giddey 

OG Anunoby 

Tyrese Halliburton 

9 minutes ago, MagicFanDan said:

My original point was who would be the best player to pair with Paolo. Based on your response you believe that to be Franz. 

However, what I was trying to determine is does everybody think that or are we penciling Franz in longterm out of complacency (meaning he’s very good and already here)  

Let’s put it this way, for next 5 years would would rather have Franz or one of the non-Tier 1 players I listed below? Specially which of these players would you exchange Franz for? 

Anthony Edwards 

SGA

Jalen Brown 

Damian Lillard 

Brandon Ingram 

Desmond Bane 

Mikal Bridges 

Anfernee Simons 

Josh Giddey 

OG Anunoby 

Tyrese Halliburton 

This is not a binary question though. Because most of those guys aren't available to trade for at all.

But to answer your question, in a vacuum, here are the players I'd trade Franz for on that list:

Anthony Edwards

SGA

Tyrese Haliburton

The thing is we don't live in a vacuum either.

SGA already makes $30m a season and has 4 years of team control remaining, he's an unrestricted free agent before Paolo reaches his prime. Franz realistically has 7 years of team control left and will enter his prime at the exact same time as Paolo. That's more valuable to me than having the better player right now.

Ant Edwards and Tyrese are at similar stages of their careers as Franz but have had an extra year in the league and honestly, I'm more than willing to give Franz year 3 to see if he can be as good as those guys were. And crucially there's basically zero chance either of those guys (or SGA for that matter) are getting traded in the foreseeable future anyway. 

I don’t see Franz mentality wanting to be “the” guy. He sits back in way too many games, and is reluctant to take over. Maybe it’s him or maybe it’s the coaching. Idk. I think he is what he is which is fine. A nice productive all around good player. He’s not Pippen to Jordan. He is a winning starter on a good team. Which I’m fine with. Imo, he will not be in that star category ever.
Paolo has that mentality, idk if he will get there. Fingers crossed. Of the players we have right now. Fultz is the other guy. If he could get that roadblock in his head out of the way. which is his 3 point shot.  That happening seems to be a long shot. So, we need to be open to trading one of these guys for that star to play with Paolo in the future. 
just my two cents. 

I know last year in what was considered a weak draft Banchero was slotted 3rd …wonder where he’d be slotted if he was in the draft this year ?

I love Franz game …I think he contributes more to winning than just about anybody on our team …Banchero also got drafted by a team (us) that needed production in the worst way …we had nobody and were terrible for way more than any of us wanted.

Food for thought …