Soul Bro

2023 Off-Season Thread

1 hour ago, orlandoholic said:

no it’s definitely perspective.. Banchero was interviewed by the crew and there was the topic height.. Nobody mentioned Paolo Banchero being same height as Jokic, nor did Paolo say so.. They basically said Jokic is tall for most centers, just like Paolo is tall for most Guards/wings

I mean, it's not like it's that far off. Paulo is 6'10" while Jokic is 6'11". If Paolo could beef up a bit, you definitely could run a team offense similar to Denver. 

1 hour ago, TreyMachine said:

I mean, it's not like it's that far off. Paulo is 6'10" while Jokic is 6'11". If Paolo could beef up a bit, you definitely could run a team offense similar to Denver. 

The Joker has amazing hands that make his play as a passer so good. I don't know that Paolo can handle it as well.

39 minutes ago, A Better DJ & Photographer said:

The Joker has amazing hands that make his play as a passer so good. I don't know that Paolo can handle it as well.

Paolo is 20 years old and was a high school QB who its said could have gone farther (6'8" as a freshman) but chose basketball for obvious reasons. He has great court vision that will only get better as the game slows down. I'm fully of the belief that if the offense runs through him he can average at least 7-8 assists per game with a good movement offense around him. 

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, TreyMachine said:

Paolo is 20 years old and was a high school QB who its said could have gone farther (6'8" as a freshman) but chose basketball for obvious reasons. He has great court vision that will only get better as the game slows down. I'm fully of the belief that if the offense runs through him he can average at least 7-8 assists per game with a good movement offense around him. 

I strongly agree. Paolo is still so young. His playmaking will improve as well as his shot. 

Unsurprisingly both Wagner brothers are in the German FIBA World Cup squad for this summer. Excited to follow their progress, give me something to do in the long off season months. 

I really hope Franz Wagner takes an extended break one of these summers though. Dude has been playing basically non stop basketball since we drafted him. 

Michael Malone winning a championship is a win for sticking with your coach through adversity. There's been a lot of questions about him the past 3 or 4 seasons where people said they should have fired him but they stuck with him and he ended up getting the job done. 

2 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

Unsurprisingly both Wagner brothers are in the German FIBA World Cup squad for this summer. Excited to follow their progress, give me something to do in the long off season months. 

I really hope Franz Wagner takes an extended break one of these summers though. Dude has been playing basically non stop basketball since we drafted him. 

I share the same concern. I’m surprised the Magic didn’t tell him to take this summer off.  

16 minutes ago, JJZFL said:

I share the same concern. I’m surprised the Magic didn’t tell him to take this summer off.  

Well, for teams that doesn't make the playoffs, summer is almost 5 months long, and in those two months since end of season he surely had time to recover.

• Upvote 1

Given that both Cole Anthony and Markelle Fultz are extension eligible as early as this summer we'll see how much faith we have in either or both of those guys whether we commit to extending them or whether we let the season play out. Of course there's possibly value for both those guys in playing a full healthy season before signing any extension. Cole in particular might believe he'll make more next summer if he has an awesome season. 

• Upvote 1