Soul Bro

2023 Off-Season Thread

8 hours ago, Jay Magic said:

IF J.I stays healthy we can win 50 games this season..  He is 1 of the best defenders i have EVER seen

yes, i agree. he’s a special defensive talent. He only had the problem that he could never gain momentum and built that reputation. He always got bad treatment by refs. He got called for a lot of bs calls. 

But i truly doubt he’ll be that player again. He just doesn’t have that same speed and mobility to guard 3-5. Therefore he’d be better of playing PF and honestly i’d really consider him more of a center in the future. He should look to play like Markaanen, instead of trying to be a tall wing player.

16 hours ago, OnlyFranz said:

So underwhelming and waste of a 2 way contract. 

not at all. Admiral is a NBA talent unequivocally. Tough.. no nonsense..he can play. To be honest if we are relying on 2 way players this season its been a failure and something went wrong

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, Jay Magic said:

not at all. Admiral is a NBA talent unequivocally. Tough.. no nonsense..he can play. To be honest if we are relying on 2 way players this season its been a failure and something went erong

Admiral has no upside whatsoever he’s a fringe G league player at this point at 24 years old. We could do much better using the roster spot on a younger player who has upside. The only thing we should be relying on our 2 way contracts for is to develop a couple of players who can grow organically and already know the teams system/schemes in case we get hit with injuries. 

3 hours ago, OnlyFranz said:

Admiral has no upside whatsoever he’s a fringe G league player at this point at 24 years old. We could do much better using the roster spot on a younger player who has upside. The only thing we should be relying on our 2 way contracts for is to develop a couple of players who can grow organically and already know the teams system/schemes in case we get hit with injuries. 

who?

8 hours ago, OnlyFranz said:

Admiral is a selfless, hard-working, team-oriented guy who it feels like is always happy to do whatever dirty work is asked of him with a good attitude. You WANT a guy like that at the end of your bench. He's not trying to get minutes to prove he belongs and then will make detrimental plays if he gets playing time. 

He knows who he is, plays within himself, and executes with a team-first attitude. 95% of G League guys will never see consistent NBA minutes, so if you're building for depth, this is EXACTLY the type of 2-way player you want. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I agree, it's the right profile/guy to have in a team, and there're 3 of those contracts starting from this season, FO could mix team guys with upside guys if they want.

2 hours ago, TreyMachine said:

Admiral is a selfless, hard-working, team-oriented guy who it feels like is always happy to do whatever dirty work is asked of him with a good attitude. You WANT a guy like that at the end of your bench. He's not trying to get minutes to prove he belongs and then will make detrimental plays if he gets playing time. 

He knows who he is, plays within himself, and executes with a team-first attitude. 95% of G League guys will never see consistent NBA minutes, so if you're building for depth, this is EXACTLY the type of 2-way player you want. 

I hear you and agree with you they are all valid points. However I feel like that role should go to a vet who’s actually done something in the league versus a guy who can hardly crack an NBA rotation. Those are the types of guys I want in our locker room that can show our young players how to play the correct way and win in this league. I guess I just don’t view using that spot on Admiral is the right way to manage our assets if that’s why we are keeping him here. If anything we should be bringing in a proven vet to mentor our young guys and who wouldn’t mind being on the end of your bench not playing most nights vs a guy who at the end of the day won’t help you win a championship much less many games for that matter. 

36 minutes ago, OnlyFranz said:

I hear you and agree with you they are all valid points. However I feel like that role should go to a vet who’s actually done something in the league versus a guy who can hardly crack an NBA rotation. Those are the types of guys I want in our locker room that can show our young players how to play the correct way and win in this league. I guess I just don’t view using that spot on Admiral is the right way to manage our assets if that’s why we are keeping him here. If anything we should be bringing in a proven vet to mentor our young guys and who wouldn’t mind being on the end of your bench not playing most nights vs a guy who at the end of the day won’t help you win a championship much less many games for that matter. 

we dont need proven vets we have them. I dont think you understand how much Weltman values character in his decisions. Our team is full of young guys but mentally they are wise beyond there age. Also Ingles.. G Harris.. Markelle.. Mo Wagner they are vets. Paolo was a rookie and carried himself like a 10 year vet... we are in fantastic shape all round. Weltman has not just built a squad on supremely talent guys but he has built team of stand up young human beings.

This team is going to light up the league next year beyond some of you guys comprehension. Yeah i may be positive too much.. If anything i am just trying to manifest greatness for our beloved team! I am a Orlando Magic fiend... My heart and soul. Loyal to my own detriment maybe some would say lol

I cannot wait for this season its going to be absolutely amazing finally we are gonna be heading back to where we belong and that's fighting for championships and i tell you this now for free if we are COMPLETELY healthy and the boys progress how i think they are going to we can even win the East this year. Not 1 team scares me... The Bucks with Giannis firing on all cylinders will be a problem but if J.I is healthy Giannis is gonna be in absolute hell.

Roll on October...

• Like 1