Soul Bro

2023 Off-Season Thread

3 hours ago, All Eyes On Me said:

Always a possibility, for sure, but I don’t see us overpaying anyone. If he gets extended I see it similar to a “how did he pull that off”? Like Wendell got a couple years back

If so that’d be great. You don’t want to make him immovable.

Another concern is getting AB minutes. 

Orlando mentioned as a possible suitor for Siakam, but I've no idea of how reliable that source could be. I would be really surprised if that happens, especially considering his position (except if considered as a C in a positionless lineup) His age and contract situation doesn't fit either.

https://www.sportsnet.ca/nba/article/separation-between-raptors-siakam-widening-as-prospects-start-slow-at-summer-league/

6 minutes ago, Jay Magic said:

There’s something interesting in the quote “The doctors seem to feel confident with it”.

We’ll see how long he can stay on the floor. It’s obviously better for the team if he can, and we didn’t do anything this off-season to plan to keep winning if he can’t.

On 7/7/2023 at 2:01 PM, MagicMan1979 said:

Harden is one of my least favorite players ever.  His style of play is so annoying.  He will never win a ring as one of the teams 2 best players.  Embiid watch in going to start soon.

Why would Houston want Harden back?... he royally screwed them with the "fat suit" antics he pulled to get out of there... forcing a bad trade for him... basically saying to them... trade me or I won't play... or at least I wont play hard... you can only pull that stuff so many times before GM know who you are...

• Upvote 1

I am underwhelmed by our offseason but as others have pointed out, it's probably for the best. While the draft and free agency went nowhere  i predicted, i see what they were trying to do.

Draft wise we got the shooter everyone said we needed at 11. Lets see if they picked a winner like Wagner. Just because it wasn't the guy i wanted or you guys wanted makes no difference. It was technically the type of pick we needed. With Black they picked the guard they thought had the most upside. Everyone wanted the 6th pick to be used on BPA leaning towards a guard or wing. 

That's what they did. I personally thought they would jump at the chance to get one of the two forwards in a draft lacking big men. I was wrong, hope they are right.

Finally we thought it might be the perfect time to consolidate and turn a few role players into one better player. We did not choosing to bring back almost everyone. Getting Jingles was good forward depth if you wanted to avoid bringing in anyone who would take touches away from the young guys. I think that was the goal.

As always i am disappointed in the sneaky little moves other teams do but we don't. Maybe we should have traded and signed Williams. Why don't we get and stash euro players or an undrafted college standout for Lakeland. Who knows?

Clearly they think Cole,Suggs and Fultz have another gear to hit this year and don't want to mess it up. Black is a project but Jett and even Houston should get minutes if they can defend and knock down 3's. 

Overall i am excited but underwhelmed. 

• Upvote 1