Soul Bro

2023 Off-Season Thread

12 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

Zach Lowe on his latest podcast said he keeps coming back to Max Strus for the Magic. 

Says Max Strus is getting at least the full MLE and all the teams with the MLE who need tough, wing shooters are scared that a salary cap team could offer more and take Strus and people think that might be Indiana but Zach says "it could be Orlando, who are coy as hell".

He says "if you can't decide what position you want to fill, add a shooter". He's on the pod with Howard Beck who thinks we should be in on Fred VanVleet. 

EDIT: worth nothing there was a report that Indiana were considering 3 years 48m for Strus. 

I’d be good with Strus

20 minutes ago, Soul Bro said:

Random thoughts:

Irving and Harden are such divas.

I’m down with Strus, Reaves or nothing at all.

Ooof, I’m really out on Reaves. I get it, for sure, but I’ve seen too many linsanity playoff runs windup in horrible contracts because they’re not actually who that player is. Reaves without a Laker whistle scares the crap out of me

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, All Eyes On Me said:

$40 mill a season for FVV?! After how bad he was last year?! Gross. Maybe we should sit out FA this year lol

I’ve been out on FVV all year also. He’s more like a 25-30 at best. 

14 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

As well they shouldn't he's a low efficiency chucker who went to prison for aiming a gun at somebody less than 2 years ago.

Yeah, that was the point, we always seem to avoid "bad guys", and the gun thing it's even worst than bad character.

21 hours ago, orlandoholic said:

I would love to add some international flavor and toughness to this coaching staff. Rumors are out there that Sarunas Jasikevicius could join a NBA team! Please Orlando get this man

Do you really know him or you like him just because of international flavour? Cause he's quite a temperamental coach (to be gentle) and IMO a terrible fit in an assistant role. He could create chaos in the locker room!

19 minutes ago, Luke_FfS said:

Yeah, that was the point, we always seem to avoid "bad guys", and the gun thing it's even worst than bad character.

Ah sorry thought you were essentially saying "bet they'll avoid him because he can shoot", I misinterpreted.

17 hours ago, orlandoholic said:

Mo Bamba. It’s just a saddening to me that the guy has low motor and can’t reach his potential 

It's not just that, he is not really a basketball player. He only needed to hang around the basket swat balls and pull down rebounds for ten minutes a game. That is all the lakers needed and he couldn't even do that.

For me, Markelle is one of the most inspiring stories! I feel like we should extend him asap. He’s about to bust out. This is, as for many Magic players, his first full healthy off season in a while. Probably for Markelle his first fully healthy off season he had in his NBA career. 

Mit also shows how bad the sports media are. They don’t care about anybody as long as they can produce content. Especially the way the Media treated Markelle while he was in Philly could have easily ended up in severe mental health issues 

Kelle or Cole will both probably be extended this year. I think they are playing it a little safe considering what happened last time(Fultz and Isaac both were injured).

That Vanvleet contract is just dumb. Who else was going to pay that much? I get that Houston wanted to reach the salary floor but it's still dumb and i will laugh when they are paying the luxury tax 3 years from now because Fred is taking up 30% of their cap.

10 minutes ago, hootie249 said:

Kelle or Cole will both probably be extended this year. I think they are playing it a little safe considering what happened last time(Fultz and Isaac both were injured).

That Vanvleet contract is just dumb. Who else was going to pay that much? I get that Houston wanted to reach the salary floor but it's still dumb and i will laugh when they are paying the luxury tax 3 years from now because Fred is taking up 30% of their cap.

Third year is a team option apparently. 

9 minutes ago, CTMagicUK said:

Third year is a team option apparently. 

Ok then i see it's mostly about reaching the salary floor. Still dumb but good on them for at least making it a team option.