Soul Bro

2023 Off-Season Thread

4 hours ago, hootie249 said:

The first 10 second round picks were traded. Mostly to teams over the cap with no room to sign free agents or teams that had no first round picks.

Cheap way to fill a roster spot with adequate talent. We'll be there one day!

Ayton is not at my favourite Center under 25 years old that I would add to our core. Also, if this is true, I presume Indiana would be all over the Suns to get him.

But, if we could be that 3rd team on this deal and get Ayton in exchange for some assets such as Harris, Isaac and a filer (Okeke?), I would definitely go for it.

Having Ayton would create many options on our frontcourt and he could be a very useful scoring punch in the paint.

37 minutes ago, JayMac said:

Ayton is not at my favourite Center under 25 years old that I would add to our core. Also, if this is true, I presume Indiana would be all over the Suns to get him.

But, if we could be that 3rd team on this deal and get Ayton in exchange for some assets such as Harris, Isaac and a filer (Okeke?), I would definitely go for it.

Having Ayton would create many options on our frontcourt and he could be a very useful scoring punch in the paint.

I think Wendell is better than Ayton. Just need a solid backup 5

• Upvote 1

45 minutes ago, JayMac said:

Tobias Harris seems like the most redundant addition to that team. One would think if they are moving Ayton they would want multiple players to fill holes rather than using lol the space for someone who is worse in the playoffs, but no one has ever said Isaiah Thomas was good at running a team

33 minutes ago, All Eyes On Me said:

I think Wendell is better than Ayton. Just need a solid backup 5

Yeah, I agree. I think Jaxson Hayes is a more realistic option.

1 minute ago, CTMagicUK said:

there is not a lot of Backup Center options out there. 

Im still for trying to acquire Gafford.. 

If that isn’t possible, who should be on our list? 

At this point i’m still hoping for a scenario where Vooch comes back on a reasonable deal and enjoys a mentor role.. he ain’t winning in Chicago anyways

5 hours ago, orlandoholic said:

there is not a lot of Backup Center options out there. 

Im still for trying to acquire Gafford.. 

If that isn’t possible, who should be on our list? 

At this point i’m still hoping for a scenario where Vooch comes back on a reasonable deal and enjoys a mentor role.. he ain’t winning in Chicago anyways

I'd just stick with Goga and Mo Wagner honestly. 

Our Summer League team so far is:

AB

Jett

Caleb Houstan (presumably)

Kevon Harris

Kai Sotto (undrafted 2022, spent last season in Australia)

Tyger Campbell (UDFA)

Dexter Dennis (UDFA)